PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Cup News

Itchy
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
We are here at WDW at POP right now. My lady friend had some refillable cups from an earlier visit. I told her that the cups were only for the lenght of stay.
Well! to my suprise when she asked the cashier at the food court if she could use the cups from the earlier visit she was told a resounding " Yes ".

Go figure, my daughter who is here is using her's and they have not questioned it in the slightest.

Seasonscraps
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Do they still have the Length of Stay signs posted? I would go by that and not the CM.

JPL
08-17-2009, 02:16 PM
The official policy is still length of stay. There is really no discussion in this matter. The CM who gave that information was wrong.

caryrae
08-17-2009, 02:23 PM
The cashier must be mistaken because this is what my mug from POP in 2006 says "Refillable only at location purchased, free refills until the end of your stay". Says it right on the mug.

BigRedDad
08-17-2009, 02:42 PM
LOL...I will take it to a further extreme. If it only say til the end or length of your stay, it does not specify which stay. In that case, then the wording is legally inaccurate and you could use the cup for any stay you choose as long as you are staying there.

You could argue the policy all the time. The simple fact of the matter is the policy is abused. I saw people on my last visit with mugs like I got at the CSR on our honeymoon 8 years prior. It will continue to happen as long as it is not enforced. If Disney is not enforcing it, then there is little issue.

Now, to put it in perspective, do you know how much soda or fountain drinks you would have to have to get to a break even point? With no ice, the cup can only hold about $0.09 of soda. It is almost 200 cups to get to a break even point. WDW is definitely not hurting on the cups, even if it is abused.

sorcerer fan
08-17-2009, 02:54 PM
if your cups don't have anything written on them you are allowed to use them. only the older style had no writing on them. trouble is no one checks. for the small ammount of money it costs for new mugs we just buy new ones.

magicofdisney
08-17-2009, 03:08 PM
It's nothing new for a CM to tell someone to use an old mug (with or without the wording). Some CMs have been doing that for years.

It doesn't change the rules.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-17-2009, 03:49 PM
We always purchase new cups. It's tradition that dd14 picks out the cups, and we get dw a soda for in line. I have a tub at home full of disney mugs. That is part of the fun..

TheRustyScupper
08-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Well! to my suprise when she asked the cashier at the food court if she could use the cups from the earlier visit she was told a resounding " Yes ".

The older cups for sold as "forever" use.

Tinkerbella16
08-17-2009, 04:10 PM
if your cups don't have anything written on them you are allowed to use them. only the older style had no writing on them. trouble is no one checks. for the small ammount of money it costs for new mugs we just buy new ones.

Wait so if my Pop Century mugs from a few years back do not say "Use for Length of Stay" I can use them this year?? I never heard of that.

I always buy a new one every year we go. And every trip I always see people with older mugs...there hasn't been a time where I did not see guests re-using them.

Emme&TeddysMommy
08-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I know that the refillable mugs can be a touchy subject but I just have question. Can you use any mug/water bottle just to get ice and or just water? I was just wondering if that is ok. We don’t drink the soda so I don’t see a point of buying the refillable mug if we are only getting ice or water. Is this ok?

Itchy
08-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Trust me, I agree with the length of stay issue, I really think the CM's need to get their act together and on the same sheet of music so to speak.

Ed
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
The official policy is still length of stay. There is really no discussion in this matter. The CM who gave that information was wrong.

Bingo!

Folks, this topic comes up on this site with amazing regularity, and has been debated back and forth for years. :beat:

And it usually ends up with a lot of animosity between the two sides of the argument.

The bottom line is that the official policy of WDW is that the mugs are only valid for use for the duration of the stay during which you actually purchased the mug. This has been verified with WDW management numerous times.

Therefore - TOPIC CLOSED.