PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Tips

spinnerf
08-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey, just got back from a 10 day trip, a few observations:

1. When you get off the monorail and are lining up for the security bag check, everyone tends to go in one direction, always look the opposite way, most of the time there were lonely security agents to the right when the whole crowd was going left.

2. After security the same thing happens with the ticket line, look for an entrance all the way down on the end, soemtimes it says cast member entrance, if you read the sign carefuly, youll note it also says guests, frequenlty there is no one on this line.

3. One day there was monrail trouble (the express train was down), we were directed to take the ferry, nobody told us that the resort monorail also stops at the parking lot. This would be a good option at the end of the day when the crowds are heading to the express train, you can take the resort train, a longer ride, but it has ac and you are more likely to get a seat.

4. The ice cream shop on main street - it also seemed like everyone wanted to wait on one line (there are clearly 2 separate lines). We went in and there were 10 people waiting on one side, we were able to walk right up to the cashier on the other side and order! We didnt "cut" anyone, most people just dont pay that much attention.

Just a few things I noted to help deal with the multitudes.

vicster
08-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the tips!

jimsgal05
08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
thank you, good to know about the bag check in lines... we will be there soon...

:smickey: can't wait...

olivegirl
08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
THANKS for all the GREAt tips!!! We leave in 2 days :cloud9: !!!

yjgirl32
08-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Great tips- will look when we are there in 16 days!

W24toISMdirect
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
The resort monorail is a total win when the lines are long at the beginning/end of the day...

Spend and extra 20 minutes sitting down in the air-conditioned, scenic monorail... save an hour waiting line.

We actually discovered this on a Christmas trip a few years ago (one of the close MK for capacity type days) when the Tickets and Trans lines for the boat and the Express Monorail where out of the building, and there was all of NOONE in line for the resort monorail.

Fangorn
08-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Years ago (actually, more like decades ago, but that would give away my age) at Disneyland, we stopped and spoke with a CM at PoC who was desperately trying to get people to "go to the left" when choosing which side of the queue to get in. She told us then, and we've confirmed it with our experience over the years that if you have a choice, always pick th the line to the left. By a very large margin, most people will go to the right even though that line is obviously longer.

Since that day, our mantra at the Parks has been "to the left, to the left, alway to the left".

BTW, this principle applies to how we attack the MK as well. We alway head to Adventureland first and go clockwise, while nearly everyone else heads to Tomorrowland and goes counter-clockwise.

Steve

magicofdisney
08-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Along the lines of your ice cream shop line, we notice this at MANY CS eateries.

The CM takes order alternating left and right. Several times one side will be lined up with several patrons. I've been able to walk up and get an order right away. Sometimes I'll mention to all those standing in line that they can go over before I jump in line, but other times I just scoot in position.

Imagineer1981
08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Years ago (actually, more like decades ago, but that would give away my age) at Disneyland, we stopped and spoke with a CM at PoC who was desperately trying to get people to "go to the left" when choosing which side of the queue to get in. She told us then, and we've confirmed it with our experience over the years that if you have a choice, always pick th the line to the left. By a very large margin, most people will go to the right even though that line is obviously longer.

Since that day, our mantra at the Parks has been "to the left, to the left, alway to the left".

BTW, this principle applies to how we attack the MK as well. We alway head to Adventureland first and go clockwise, while nearly everyone else heads to Tomorrowland and goes counter-clockwise.

Steve

This is true. Thats why Tomorrowlands bridge is twice as wide as any other bridge in MK, because most people go right by natural instict

doombuggygal
08-17-2009, 06:58 PM
:ditto:

That is our motto as well "go to the left"!

Mousemates
08-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey, just got back from a 10 day trip, a few observations:...
Just a few things I noted to help deal with the multitudes.

great tips

KevMcNJ
08-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I sorta use the same strategy in lines at Wal Mart and Target. when you go to find a line at checkout walk to the far end. First couple check outs are always full cuz most shoppers get in the first line they see. Often theres a cashier looking bored and forgotten way down at the end.

epceddie
08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
All these tips are good to know!

brad192
08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Yup! Most park goers are like lemmings to the sea...:shake:

If you know anything about human nature, and use your melon for a couple of minutes, you'll be able to avoid a LOT of waiting & hassle. Just think "anticrowd".;)

ransam
08-19-2009, 02:25 AM
these are great tips....

dancin Disney style
08-19-2009, 07:45 AM

Steve

True...the majority of people are right handed so the instinct is to go right. Then there are people that just follow the crowd.

momof3+twins
08-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Isn't crazy how this happens at Disney? You would never see this a Target!