PDA

View Full Version : Digital scrapbooking Disney trips

TheVBs
08-16-2009, 09:26 PM
I've never done digital scrapbooking and I would really like to try it. I'm wondering if anyone uses an online service or some particular software they could recommend? I'd like to do our Disney trips, so I'm particularly interested in sites or software that has Disney themed backgrounds, embellishments, etc. I'm a total novice so any advice would be great! :mickey:

DisneyWFan
08-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Creative Memories has some great stuff. I saw someones digital disney scrapbook the other day it looked great I will pm you a link :mickey:

sisterdisco
08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Check out www.creativememories.com
they have some pretty amazing software. IF you host a party, then you get the stuff reduced price or free!
Personally I do the paper type, but I saw the demo for the digital.

TheVBs
08-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Thank you! Over the weekend I was looking at my s.i.l.'s Disney scrapbook and she did a lot of it digitally with Photoshop. I was so jealous! It looked fantastic!

chrissi1
08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
(http://community.babycenter.com/profile/faerywings) I have been a digi-scrapper for about 3-4 years (2005) I paper scrapped before I went 100% digi- but I used my computer for making little elements and journaling for along time before that.
IMO- digi-scrapping is way way wayyyy cheaper than paper. I cannot get over the prices when I "window shop" in Michael's. Not to mention- you can use the papers and elements over an over again!

If you are going to digi-scrapping, the way to go is with a decent editing program. Too soon, ya get addicted and want to be able to do more. LOL
I use CS2 and ACDsee Photo Editor to scrap with. CS2 is a more intensive, bulky program which is why I really recommend Photo Editor for new scrappers.
For an easy to use, inexpensive software, I love PE 2008.

Photo Editor is a nice one to start with- it is very similar to PSE, but I found it to be much more user friendly. The other nice thing about it is that it costs way less than PSE.

If you go to digiscrapinfo.com (http://community.babycenter.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdigiscrapinfo.com), they list sales and tips for many of the different photo printing companies.

Right now- there is a great summer sale at acdsee.com you can get both Photo Editor and the organizing software bundles on sale.

TheVBs
08-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Thank you for all the info! I would definitely need something easy to start out with. And, you're right, the cost of paper and stickers is out of control. I'm always in shock when I pay, even at Michaels, which has the best prices.

I've noticed that Disney Movie Rewards has a couple digital scrapbooking packages as rewards. Has anyone gotten these? Are they worth it?

If you're printing your own paper, how large can you go?

chrissi1
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Another nice thing to consider in saving some $$ is to apply for Creative Design Teams- As a CT member, you can usually get free designer products in return for promoting their kits.

I print my fav lo's and ones I am making for gifts on my photo printer as 8x8's.
Some people do have large format printers that can print 12x12, but I don't even want to think how much that costs ;)

I have never seen the Disney Movie Rewards kits- but I bet they are nice!

Jillirose
08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Try it - and you'll soon be addicted!! It's great and easy to use.

TheVBs
08-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm looking forward to trying it! :mickey: I'm just looking for the best way to start - preferrably spending little to no $$ at first.

chrissi1
08-28-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm looking forward to trying it! :mickey: I'm just looking for the best way to start - preferably spending little to no $$ at first.
Then def. give ACDSee Photo Editor and/or Manager a try-- free 30 trials at acdsee.com... give it w whirl!

Jillirose
08-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Scrapblog.com is free and has so many features. There are so many others on it to network with and get ideas from.

TheVBs
08-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys! :mickey: I'll definitely try both.