PDA

View Full Version : Sell my family on French Quarter

beksy
08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
We had to change some things around and are now staying at the French Quarter. We've never been there before and my Mom especially is a little leary of it (especially the decorations). What can I tell her to sell it to her? I know it is a favorite of many on here. TIA! :mickey:

Lakin
08-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Don't worry, I'm a little leery about staying at FQ for the first time, too. But, some of the FQ fans on here eased me into it.

*It's small, compact. Not much walking, which is especially nice after a long day at the park.
*1 bus stop, shaded!!
*Gorgeously themed pool.
*Close to EPCOT, Typhoon Lagoon, DTD.
*Boat ride to DTD.

The only concern I have is that they have a clown statue, and I'm afraid of clowns. :thedolls:

mamasun
08-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Favorite resort- small, themed nicely (not tacky), great pool, shaded bus stop, everything is easily accesible, boat ride to DTD! Staying there again in Oct- will never stay at another moderate- this is perfect for my family:) Don't be leary- look forward to it and enjoy!!!!!:waycool:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Bus service was great too! And as others have said, it's compact and easy to get around especially at the end of a long day where you've already done a lot of walking.

Tippy
08-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi - We have stayed there 2 times now and I would gladly go back. It is very relaxing there. The pool did not seem to get very crowded. Make a dinning reservation at boatwrights one evening. You can also get a carriage ride here as well. It is a nice walk from FQ to Riverside. We really enjoyed the boat ride to DTD. The staff at this resort was very nice too. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-16-2009, 08:37 PM
We're POFQ fans!

Why?
1. the compact size, everything is really close together
2. the pool - DD loves the slide, DH loves the pool bar, and I like the varying depths and the subtle, yet fun theming
3. can use all of the facilities at POR. We usually slip over for an afternoon at a "new" pool
4. only 1 bus stop. No riding the bus forever just to get out of the resort
5. the decorations are festive and fun, but not as over-the-top as they seem in photos
6. fresh beignets in the food court (a snack on the DDP)
7. you can take the boat to DTD (a great ride, see the new treehouses)
8. all building, only 3 stories and all have elevators
9. small, but really yummy foodcourt
10. nightly entertainment :)
11. quaint, quiet "streets" you can wander, the path along the river

Hope you like it as much as we do :thumbsup:

Darbylew
08-16-2009, 09:22 PM
We love POFQ and stay there every time we go
to WDW. It is small, food court is good, the
pool is great and we love the theme. I think you
will really like it. There is also a boat to DTD.
Have FUN! :D:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
08-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Stayed there last year for the 1st time and it is my favorite resort I've stayed in so far and I've stayed at all the mods and values.
Here's what I love most:

1. Small resort so everything is close no matter what building they put you in.
2. Bus service was great. We never shared with POR but when they do share, FQ is first to be picked up and first to be dropped off.
3. Foodcourt was never too crowded
4. No matter what time of day it was, the resort seemed empty. It was so peaceful and quiet..we loved it.
5. The pool is very nice
6. Boat transportation to DTD was my favorite thing! We took it almost every evening..such a relaxing ride and nice to get away from the busses.
7. The theme and landscaping there are beautiful.
8. The staff was amazing all week we were there. We were greeted by a man as soon as we got off the DME bus, and he gave us mardi gras beads. He was so friendly and we saw him every morning when going to the bus stop and said good morning!
9. You can walk right over to POR and share the amenities like boat rides, surries, horse-drawn carriage, and Boatwrights restaurant.
10. The rooms were nice and clean...spacious compared to the values. Rooms all have a small fridge, The decor of the room is better in person than what pictures show.

I can go on and on... I absolutely love it at POFQ!

Pirate Granny
08-16-2009, 09:58 PM
LOVE it for all the reasons above...we're going back again in December...
:pirate:

E-OR
08-16-2009, 10:21 PM
We will be staying here for the 5th time in September for all the reasons above. We always ask for building #5. The pool view is nice but the standard view looks out on the court yard and is still close to pool, food court, laundry, bus, and main building. You will love this resort. The theming is cute and kids love the pool slide.

garymacd
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
The only concern I have is that they have a clown statue, and I'm afraid of clowns. :thedolls:

Oooh. Never thought of that! Our youngest doesn't like clowns either, but she has never mentioned it. I just asked her about it and she says it's not a juggling clown, it's a juggling jester.

Guess that makes it alright.

Maybe the dragon in the pool will keep you safe from the jester. If not the musical aligators should do the trick!

Don't forget: POFQ has beignets! That gives it points in its favour.

Last time we were there, I had time to kill while my beloved wife was either getting ready to go or ready for bed and I studied the artwork in the room. I was amazed at the detail and the little park hints in it. I don't remember seeing anything like it in any other resort.

I do love the gardens and avenues. They just make it so peaceful and inviting.

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't forget: POFQ has beignets! That gives it points in its favour.

This is the number one reason my Dad made us book POFQ for January...he could (and will) eat them morning, noon and night!!!

I just love that you are never far from anything there...it's all just so quaint and charming! Can't wait for another stay!

disneyboundagain
08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
It might be against Disney policy to sell your family. Heck, I think it may even be against Florida law.:D:beer::D:beer:

brownie
08-18-2009, 07:18 AM
It's a nice resort. I enjoy the theming. The only drawbacks to me are the food options and only having 1 pool, although Riverside is not far away.

poohbearkris
08-18-2009, 10:44 AM
We're POFQ fans!

Why?
1. the compact size, everything is really close together
2. the pool - DD loves the slide, DH loves the pool bar, and I like the varying depths and the subtle, yet fun theming
3. can use all of the facilities at POR. We usually slip over for an afternoon at a "new" pool
4. only 1 bus stop. No riding the bus forever just to get out of the resort
5. the decorations are festive and fun, but not as over-the-top as they seem in photos
6. fresh beignets in the food court (a snack on the DDP)
7. you can take the boat to DTD (a great ride, see the new treehouses)
8. all building, only 3 stories and all have elevators
9. small, but really yummy foodcourt
10. nightly entertainment :)
11. quaint, quiet "streets" you can wander, the path along the river

Hope you like it as much as we do :thumbsup:

Ditto!! Favorite moderate resort by far!!! Last year we stayed at CBR and had to listen to my mom complain all week that we were not at POFQ.

beksy
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone. I think they are feeling better about it now and I think as long as we're at Disney, that's all that matters! I think it may be against the law to sell my family but haven't really looked into since I don't think I'd find a good price for them anyway (they both talk a lot!) :thedolls:

lockedoutlogic
08-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Here's my pitch:

HEy kids, you wanna go to Disney World?

Yeah!

Well, we're going and staying at Port....start packing

:thumbsup:

dismommy
08-23-2009, 10:56 AM
My son loves the POFQ and does not want to stay anywhere else. I would like to try another resort but not worth the argument especially since I remember people complaining about the hike to their room when we visited riverside last trip. It's very pretty, has a nice pool, the theme is not over done mostly around the pool area and in the food court, and of course the style of the buildings, best of all its compact no long walk to your room after a long day in the parks. Also last trip I requested to be in a certain building and was nervous about that since many people on the boards have said request are rarely responded to, but when we checked in I asked about the room (it was very early so we didn't have a room ready yet) and the CM respond you have requested building 2 so you will of course be in building 2. I was happily surprised.