PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Icee Machines Gone??? Say it isn't so!!

Mickey91
08-16-2009, 01:56 PM
I just read on facebook that the Pop Century icees are gone.:( Is this true??
Have to say that the icees on the beverage island are a big selling point for us.

naniviles
08-16-2009, 02:37 PM
:(my gradkids loved those ice's ;it was the last thing we would do when we came in at night,hope they reconsider...

caryrae
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah there have been a few threads about this before.

JPL
08-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the Woderful World of Cutbacks :(

Mickey91
08-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Yep. The cutbacks are really getting to me. Especially considering the increase in prices.:(

TammiMcMan
08-16-2009, 07:32 PM
They were replaced with iced tea machines. From what I read on the message boards, the icee machines were constantly breaking down. I imagine it had more to do with the costs of maintaining them in running condition.

For what it's worth, the icee machine at our local 7-Eleven always seems to be out of service too. Maybe they need a better design.

JerseyDad
08-16-2009, 08:18 PM
They were replaced with iced tea machines. From what I read on the message boards, the icee machines were constantly breaking down. I imagine it had more to do with the costs of maintaining them in running condition.

For what it's worth, the icee machine at our local 7-Eleven always seems to be out of service too. Maybe they need a better design.

.....tell Disney to run out to Walmart...and get one of those machines made in China. Then we can have the icee machines back and they can save money too.....:ack:

.....the Cola icee was the perfect mixer for cognac....making a great poolside sipper!!! :mad:

.....beginning to wonder about our annual return trip to see the mouse?

TammiMcMan
08-16-2009, 08:47 PM
.....beginning to wonder about our annual return trip to see the mouse?Because of the lack of an icee machine, I think that might be a first :haha: . There is a Walmart in Kissimmee if you wanted to purchase a machine while you're down there. You could probably make a few bucks selling icee's out of your room ;).

Carolanne
08-16-2009, 08:57 PM

I don't think I've seen seen a working icee machine whenever I've been there. It seemed like the machines were out of order a majority of the time & there was always a sticky mess in that area.

TammiMcMan, tell us more about these iced tea machines--are we talking flavors, sweetened, unsweetened...? I just had Arby's diet blackberry iced tea & I'm on an iced tea kick :blush:

TammiMcMan
08-16-2009, 09:12 PM
TammiMcMan, tell us more about these iced tea machines--are we talking flavors, sweetened, unsweetened...? I just had Arby's diet blackberry iced tea & I'm on an iced tea kick :blush:Regular tea, sweetened and unsweetend; Green sweetened and White Citrus. Not sure if they'll be switching up or adding more flavors.

DisneyWizard
08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
It's sad. They were the best reason to get a refillable mug!

MushuGrl
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
When we went in December, there was always one down, and the other wasn't working properly.

Sad. I loved the icees.

However, I love me some sweet tea too!

Crow
08-17-2009, 09:54 PM
It's sad. They were the best reason to get a refillable mug!

I agree
and they made good mixers

KnowThySelf
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
To be honest, every time we got the machine is broke anyway.

But with the prices going up, and things being taken away it does get annoying.

caryrae
08-22-2009, 10:11 AM
It's nice to just go to the local Super America just down the road anytime and get a frozen coke or cherry one for only 89 cents for any size. I like to get the 44oz cherry one.

alliekat
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Just came back from a stay at Pop Century, which was great, but I am sorry to report they no longer have the frozen icees as a drink option in the food court. This may have been posted here a while back, but I didn't know. They replaced it with Gold Peak iced tea in several flavors.

Madame Leona
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm sorry that it's gone for those that liked the icees but I'm pretty excited about the tea. My mom is going to be totally geeked about it. She's pretty much addicted to the stuff.

DisneyGlutton
09-03-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry that it's gone for those that liked the icees but I'm pretty excited about the tea.

:ditto: I love flavored iced tea. If only POFQ had the nice drinks that POP has!! :cry:

LuvsTigger80
09-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm sorry that it's gone for those that liked the icees but I'm pretty excited about the tea.

:ditto: i love that tea...i know what i will be drinking on my vacation...:thumbsup::mickey:

ransam
09-04-2009, 02:06 AM
gold peak makes some of the best ice tea out of there....

alliekat
09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
The tea was pretty good, I know that that had 4 flavor options and you pressed a button on the machine to pick your flavor, 1 was decaf, 1 was black tea, 1 was citrus, and I can't remember the last one. My daughter is an icee junkie so she was sad they were gone.

Granny Jill A
09-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Too bad about the Icees, but good news about the ice tea.

Now if they could just do something about that horrible coffee they serve :ack:

TammiMcMan
09-04-2009, 03:06 PM
We have a recent discussion already going about the icee machine replacements, so I'm going to merge this one in.

alliekat
09-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks for putting all these icee machine comments together, it's great to see all the input in one thread!

MushuGrl
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
LOLOL@Granny Jill!

I always just down it first thing so 1) I get my fix and 2) I won't remember later how bad it was because I was still half asleep!

MerryMegan
09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Do any other Disney resorts have icee machines? My 10 year-old son will be so sad! There's no reason to get the refillable mug without the icee machines!

tyandskyesmom
09-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Bummer...the icees were one of the big reasons the kids (and me too) love POP...now they'll want to go back to AKL...and that's not in the cards anytime soon! :D

Texas Tinkerbell Too
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Can you get an icee in the parks? If so, which park and can you use a snack credit for it?

big blue and hairy
09-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Too bad about the Icees, but good news about the ice tea. Gold Peak is a Coke brand, so everywhere they sell fountain Coke, they have or will soon install the four tea machine.

now if they could just do something about that horrible coffee they serve :ack:I'm with ya, but as long as Nestle has a big contract with Disney....although, I must say the Poly club level had Nescafe and it wasn't as bad. Apparently it wasn't a sludgomatic machine.

:sulley:

tyandskyesmom
09-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Can you get an icee in the parks? If so, which park and can you use a snack credit for it?

There is a really good lemon one just outside the INdiana Jones show in DHS...mmm!

Granny Jill A
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
...... as long as Nestle has a big contract with Disney....although, I must say the Poly club level had Nescafe and it wasn't as bad. Apparently it wasn't a sludgomatic machine.

:sulley:

I heard that they use a concentrated liquid to make coffee in huge quantities, rather than the usual ground coffee. That may have something to do with the incredible badness level of the coffee. :stitch2:

joonyer
09-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I heard that they use a concentrated liquid to make coffee in huge quantities, rather than the usual ground coffee. That may have something to do with the incredible badness level of the coffee. :stitch2:

It's Nescafe, liquid instant coffee, not brewed. It's hard to find real coffee in WDW. I bring my own and brew it in my room.

Laughin' place
09-17-2009, 12:03 AM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the "healthy food initiative"? I love me an Icee, but there are a sugar, hi calorie treat... This might be a casualty of the diet police:cop:

Patricia
09-17-2009, 10:41 AM

I'm not sure about credits on the dining plan, but Icees (slushies, frozen soda) have been served in the following places. I'll use (C) if it has the Coke Icee, some are only fruit flavours.

MK - Scuttle's Landing (C), Launching Pad (C), Sunshine Tree Terrace, Enchanted Grove

Epcot - Africa Cool Post (C), Fife and Drum Tavern

There used to be one stand in Animal Kingdom, but I think it may have changed to teas.

Imagineer1981
09-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Gotta say, I love the ice tea machines, great new addition

WDWCP Spring99
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Here are a couple of other places that sell the frozen Cokes:

- Epcot - Club Cool (Next to the Fountain View Bakery)
- MGM - Peavy's Frozen Concoctions (Backside of Keystone Clothiers near the lake)

Not sure about the snack credit though...Haven't been on the dining plan yet.

alliekat
09-19-2009, 08:06 AM
You can use a snack credit for icees. I had to use several to comfort my daughter about the lack of machines at POP :)

glenpreece
09-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Regular tea, sweetened and unsweetend; Green sweetened and White Citrus. Not sure if they'll be switching up or adding more flavors.

mmmmmm those sound good and I agree every time I have visited Pop the machines were almost always out of order for multiple days

alex61821
09-24-2009, 05:25 PM
so is sweet tea available at any of the other resorts, since i have kicked the coke habit it is all i drink. Finally places up here in Illinois are carrying sweet tea.