PDA

View Full Version : Question about Blue Bayou restaurant and other eateries

dumbo ears
08-16-2009, 12:43 PM
We are headin to disneyland at the end of march next year and want to eat lunch at the blue bayou. i would like to know when should we call disney dining? should it be 180 days out or can it be closer to the day we want to eat?
My next questions are what are some other places to eat there that are one of a kind or a have to do when im there? I know napa rose is supposed to be amazing. Where is napa rose? We are planning on staying at the grand californian by the way too. So any help on these question is much obliged:mickey:

brownie
08-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I'd call as soon as you are able. We had a reservation for when the Blue Bayou opened the day we went, and ended up with a "river side" table. You can always try to change your reservation later if you need to.

Marceline
08-16-2009, 02:29 PM
This is snipped from the DLR resort guide here at Intercot.

"All table service locations at the Disneyland Resort offer Priority Seating up to 60-days in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE, or (714) 781-3463."

Blue Bayou is the top must-do dining for sure. Napa Rose is located in the Grand Californian. And the Storytellers Cafe breakfast in the GC is also lots of fun and super tasty. There are also lots of really great counter service options around.

Rancho del Zocalo is an excellent choice, and Royal Street Vernada has some fritters that aren't to be missed. In the DTD area I recommend Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express and the shrimp po' boys. Yum-O!:thumbsup:

:mickey:

NotaGeek
08-16-2009, 02:57 PM
We are headin to disneyland at the end of march next year and want to eat lunch at the blue bayou. i would like to know when should we call disney dining? should it be 180 days out or can it be closer to the day we want to eat?
My next questions are what are some other places to eat there that are one of a kind or a have to do when im there? I know napa rose is supposed to be amazing. Where is napa rose? We are planning on staying at the grand californian by the way too. So any help on these question is much obliged:mickey:
If you want a good food hint, try the Plaza Inn for the best friend chicken and roast beef and the least expensive breakfast at DLR is at Tomorrowland Terrace, try the breakfast burrito! :chef:

DisneyDudet
09-13-2009, 10:33 PM
We made Blue Bayou reservations for the day before Labor Day (day of the DL 1/2 marathon) about a month in advance. We were a party of 5 and when I asked how hard it would be to get an ADR, the CM said, not at all! Every time slot was open! I was so used to WDW ADRs all being gone!

We waited a little bit, only because we were a larger group, but had a water-side table. Other groups walked up (smaller groups) and were able to get tables pretty easily, but I wouldn't want to take my chances, especially if you are going at a popular time or REALLY want to eat there. BTW, it was AMAZING! Everyone loved their meal!

I have heard that Napa Rose is great. It is located at the Grand Californian Hotel. Its an easy walk from the parks. Just take the DTD walkway from the parks and enter the CGH through the entrance before the Disney 365 store. There are a lot of locations in DTD to eat, but I didn't get a Disney feel from them.

I agree with NotaGeek about the breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace! That breakfast was probably the best deal at DLR! We usually got the surprise breakfast platter (or whatever it was called). It included eggs, potatoes, sausage or bacon, muffin AND drink (coffee, soda, juice). All this for $6.99. They also had a huge breakfast burrito, HUGE bowl of fruit (served all day as well), and a french toast stick platter. Most, of not all, of the selections included a drink (I can't remember if the fruit bowl did or not).

Storyteller's Cafe a GCH also looked good. It is a character breakfast location, so ADRs would probably be a good idea. But if you are wanting a deal, Tomorrowland Terrace is the place!

NewDVCowner
09-14-2009, 12:16 PM
The first lunch reservations are at 11:30. If you make your reservations for the first slot and get them ten minutes early you're pretty much guarenteed to get a waterside table. We generally get there fifteen to twenty minutes early and are sat within five minutes, even before the technical opening time of 11:30. I haven't been for dinner, and don't know what time the reservations start for that, but I would imagine it's the same deal. I believe that the menu is the same for lunch and dinner, just less expensive at lunch.

Oh, and they don't serve alcohol. :marg:

Aryn

Magic Smiles
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Oh, and they don't serve alcohol. :marg:

Aryn

We found that out. We really thought that the waiter was joking, but he wasn't.:blush:

Disney4us2
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
We have a few favorite places. At DLR on Main Street is the Carnation Cafe. They also have good breakfasts and serve lunch/dinner as well. I always get ADR there so I don't have to stand in line. The other is White Water Cafe at GCH. It is more fast food, where you order and then they bring the food to you table. The steak nachos are great. Our last favorite is in DCA on Pacific Wharf at the bakery. They have the best bread bowl cheddar broccoli soup and other bread bowl salads as well.

Have a great time:mickey: