PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

RocknBev
08-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Is there a specific park that the MNSSHP is held? DH and I are thinking of a last minute trip to Orlando in October and he asked me where MNSSHP is held. I honestly have no clue how it works. I hear great things although I really don't know what it is. Could someone enlighten me?

disneymom2000
08-16-2009, 11:45 AM
It is held at the Magic Kingdom. You can buy your tickets early before you arrive or you can purchase them on the date (if they still have some at that point). You have to have already have admission into the park because the party is separate from your regular park ticket. Around 4:00 or so they start handing out the bands for the party so you will need to show them your party ticket. Then around 7:00 they start herding everyone out of the park that doesn't have an armband. They are really good about getting the non-party people out of the park but then you have an influx of people coming in that were at other parks or their hotel that have tickets to get into just the party itself for that day. But I think usually people plan on being in the park the day of their party ticket.:blackcat::pumpkin::ghost:

tcswife
08-16-2009, 01:49 PM
You do not have to have park admission to attend the MNSSHP. You just have to purchase the ticket for the party, and with the party ticket you can usually enter the park around 4 o'clock even though the party does not start til 7!!

It is an awesome experience, we are going to 2 parties in September! 34 more da:hmghost:ys!!!

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Like others have mentioned, it's at Magic Kingdom. All of the well-known hard ticket events are held at Magic Kingdom, and MNSSHP is by far the best.

You'll absolutely love all the costumes, candy, and relatively short waits for most attractions. I actually went on Halloween night back in 2006 and that was by far one of my best Disney memories.

Vintage Disney
08-16-2009, 02:26 PM
MNSSHP is our favorite special ticket event. Be sure to watch for the Headless Horseman. You will see him gallop along the parade route about 5 or 10 minutes before the parade starts. Also, watch for the "ghost" that roams the riverboat and the ghost lady who sits on the lawn in front of the Haunted Mansion and talks to people as they walk by.

The trick or treat trails are very crowded at the start of the party. You can get through much quicker if you wait until later in the party to trick or treat.

PETE FROM NYC
08-16-2009, 02:46 PM
This will be our first hard ticket party.
DW and I will be there 10/4.
Look for us we, will be dressed as tourists.

RocknBev
08-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for info...we will be going down for the 1/2 marathon (my first) in January so we were wondering if it was really worth going down so close to another trip especially in this economy. DH is not as into the rides and such as I am so he wanted there to be more than just rides opened for the guest.
Is the park decorated for Halloween?

So if I just want to go to the party I don't have to purchase a park pass as well?

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Yes, during the party the park is decorated very well for Halloween. Special lighting, fog, decorations, and even different music. It's quite an experience.

joanna71985
08-16-2009, 06:01 PM
So if I just want to go to the party I don't have to purchase a park pass as well?

Nope. With just the party ticket, you can get into the MK at 4pm.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Even if he doesn't care for the rides, just seeing the park all decorated is worth the cost of the party plus the parades and fireworks are awesome. And seeing everyone all dressed up is fantastic too! It would so be worth it to make another trip before the marathon.

estein80
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
This will be our first hard ticket party.
DW and I will be there 10/4.
Look for us we, will be dressed as tourists.

Ditto for DH, DD and I (except for the tourist bit :mickey:). Hubby has decided on a western theme.