PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever call thinking it was your 90-day...but it wasn't?

Tinkerbella16
08-15-2009, 10:04 AM
I use a countdown and we've also counted ourselves to see which day would be our 90 day for ADR's.. it shows that today would've been so i planned on waking up very early on my weekend to get on the phone at 7am. Only to find out that my 90-day is tomorrow! LOL

Anyone ever do this? I wasn't mad, but I now I have to get up early again tomorrow (which I don't mind, just think its funny! and I better get all my ressies! lol).

When the dining CM asked me for my reservation # I gave it to him and he could not pull anything up...so I am calling my TA now to see why this is. Also, for mostly all of our meals it will be 13 of us together...9 adults and 4 children. But we are 3 small groups all staying at 3 different resorts...Pop, BLT and CBR. When we go to each meal can 1 person from each party give their dining card to the waiter/waitress so the TS is taken off of all 3 parties and not just 1?

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I was reallllly looking forward to getting my adrs done today.

wildernesslady
08-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I think we have all done this. It's the excitement. Good luck tomorrow.

kwhitt3202
08-15-2009, 10:28 AM
guilty. good luk tomorrow

Carolanne
08-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I use a countdown and we've also counted ourselves to see which day would be our 90 day for ADR's.. it shows that today would've been so i planned on waking up very early on my weekend to get on the phone at 7am. Only to find out that my 90-day is tomorrow! LOL.

Aw man--this means that MY 90-day mark isn't tomorrow, but Monday...LOL! Good luck tomorrow.

When the original 180-day time frame was in place: A month after I booked the trip, I called to make my ADR's...which would have been fine except I was calling at the 210-day mark, not 180 lol. The CM I was talking to was very nice about it (seriously, I was convinced I was at the 180-day mark).

BMan62
08-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Also, for mostly all of our meals it will be 13 of us together...9 adults and 4 children. But we are 3 small groups all staying at 3 different resorts...Pop, BLT and CBR. When we go to each meal can 1 person from each party give their dining card to the waiter/waitress so the TS is taken off of all 3 parties and not just 1?

That is the way that it will HAVE to be. Since children meals and adult meals are handled differently, and that you will have 3 separate reservations, you will get 3 checks and have to hand in one KTTW card for each reservation.

Belle_0717
08-15-2009, 10:24 PM
We had this happen to to us last week. Thought we had to call on Thursday but it was really Friday.

When we called on Friday, we were told that the system was down and couldn't book past 90 days.

Then my DH called today and they said there was a problem with our reservation number. I have never heard of this but we will be calling every day to get the rest of the ADRs. That will be a total of 7 - maybe 8 - calls to a 407 number.

Glad I don't pay the phone bill.

Belster
08-15-2009, 11:07 PM
If I understand your question correctly, you would like to know if each party can use 1 KTTW card to pay for their meal...or comp it using the DDP...yes you can. We had a party of 11 in three different rooms and did this same thing. I believe that the waiter asks you at the start of the meal how many groups there are and then each group gets a bill(fyi the gratuity will be added to each bill 18%).

Hope this helps!!!

kathiep
08-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Yep, been there, done that LOL.

Tinkerbella16
08-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Aw man--this means that MY 90-day mark isn't tomorrow, but Monday...LOL! Good luck tomorrow.

When the original 180-day time frame was in place: A month after I booked the trip, I called to make my ADR's...which would have been fine except I was calling at the 210-day mark, not 180 lol. The CM I was talking to was very nice about it (seriously, I was convinced I was at the 180-day mark).

Yes Carolanne, yours will be tomorrow. I was on the phone at 7am today and got everything we wanted at all the times we wanted. I am so happy!!!

I finally will be going to Le'Cellier for the 1st time since I never could get a ressie!

Tinkerbella16
08-16-2009, 10:36 AM
If I understand your question correctly, you would like to know if each party can use 1 KTTW card to pay for their meal...or comp it using the DDP...yes you can. We had a party of 11 in three different rooms and did this same thing. I believe that the waiter asks you at the start of the meal how many groups there are and then each group gets a bill(fyi the gratuity will be added to each bill 18%).

Hope this helps!!!

Thank you!! Yes, I also asked the dining CM over the phone this morning too and she assured me with exactly what you said!

:mickey:

Carolanne
08-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes Carolanne, yours will be tomorrow. I was on the phone at 7am today and got everything we wanted at all the times we wanted. I am so happy!!!

I finally will be going to Le'Cellier for the 1st time since I never could get a ressie!

Yay you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for me!

Tinkerbella16
08-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Yay you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for me!

I'll also keep my fingers crossed for ya! You shouldn't have any issues. Its a pretty slow week to be there, since its the week before Thanksgiving Week...but its also free dining!

What places are you shooting for?

Carolanne
08-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Not completely finalized yet, but my list so far is: Kona Kafe, Captain's Grille, Ohana's (night of the MVMCP), Le Cellier, and Sci-Fi. I might switch out a few of those for: Raglan Road, Tusker House, or Turf Club.

Enjoy Le Cellier. I've always had great service there. And the food wasn't too shabby either, lol :mickey:

pixiesmimi
08-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Yes, I did this in May. My countdown clock said the day would be the Sunday before Memorial Day. I got up early and called in and sat on hold only to find out that it wasn't my day. I was confused until I looked at the clock and it said 90 days 12 hours or something like that so those extra 12 hours meant it wasn't 90 days but actually 91 days. Confusing. I had to get up again early the next day which was a holiday and I could have slept in. :( Got my ADRs though! :thumbsup: Went on line later and changed some of them.

By the way, I called this week, a week out, to check my reservations and was able to get in within less than a minute. This was in the afternoon. Must be a slow week for reservations.