PDA

View Full Version : Ride Closings/Refurbs 2010??

sisterslovindisney
08-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Any idea when we would know about rides/attractions that will be closed early 2010? We have been to WDW twice and my son and I were at DL once and every time PoTC has been closed! :( We love the movies and the boys are so excited about trying the ride. Also I know that one of the water parks is generally closed in the winter for refurb. and it would be nice to know which one so we can decide if we're gonna plan a day there.

Figment!
08-15-2009, 09:17 AM
As they are announced, they are posted in the rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

Rehabs are typically announced about 3 -6 months in advance, but can be announced as late as 7 days in advance.

sisterslovindisney
08-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks! I knew about the rehab postings here on intercot, just wasn't sure how soon they were announced.

Any idea when PoTC was last refurbed? Is there an archived rehab listing here? Just thought if I knew when it was last down for rehab it might give me a hint as to whether it will be open when we're there.

Gregandmel
08-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I personally think you are going to be fine with POTC. It went down June 2008 for a couple of weeks and I remember how upset some people were because that was right in the heart of summer!! I remember this because we went OCtober 2008 and I was thinking "oh good - it should be fine when we are there!!". :blush: I know they end up doing refurbs during the winter months occasionally, but since this just went down 18 months ago, I can't imagine they would need to do something extensive again. Good luck though! I know it's a bummer when your favorite ride isn't available when you are there.

sisterslovindisney
08-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks Melinda,
We are really hoping to actually get to try this ride. The boys watch Pirates of the Caribbean so much I think they must have it memorized!