PDA

View Full Version : What to wear to Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Lizzy
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I am a fashion disaster on a good day, so when it comes to a place where you have to sort of try to look decent forget it!

My boyfriend is wonderful, he said that he shines up nice and likes to dress up every once in a while. So he already knows pretty much what he is going to wear.

I don't own anything besides my business casual work clothes, and for those of you who have the pleasure of living and working in FL you know that is not saying much. No one dresses up around here for anything. I think there is a girl in a sundress and flip flops today and she is one of the better dressed

Help! I need suggestions! I have to get this new outfit on the way over tomorrow! :crazy:

Seasonscraps
08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I usually wear capris with a nice top & sandals. DH wears slacks with a button down dress shirt or golf shirt. He'll wear shorts if it's one of those super hot evenings - khaki style shorts. Nothing over the top but not denim/running shorts with a t-shirt and sneakers.

Business casual is the dress code so you are probably fine.

Hammer
08-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi, Lizzy :wave:!

Lizzy, what constitutes business casual at your workplace? I dine at the signature restaurants every trip. I wear black dress slacks or khakis mostly (sometimes a jean skirt). You can wear that with a nice camisole/ spaghetti strap top or nice collared shirt and you would be great! Your co-worker in the sundress would be fine with different footwear (replace the flip flops with sandals).

Lizzy
08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
business casual at my workplace is pretty much anything that is not jeans, shorts or t shirts

Would I be over dressed if I decided to really dress it up with a dress? Nothing too fancy, just like a black knee length maybe? I haven't worn a dress in years

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I was under the impression that even nice jeans will suit for the business casual restaurants at Disney:confused:

Lizzy
08-14-2009, 02:27 PM
That's exactly why I thought I'd ask!!

Ok so my boyfriend is wearing a "dinner blue" button shirt and black slacks. I am going to see if I can find a nice sundress type thingy I think that will sort of match. Other than that I have an asian looking type top that is blue and black, it ties in the back and I wear black dress pants with it.

Seasonscraps
08-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I was under the impression that even nice jeans will suit for the business casual restaurants at Disney:confused:

Jeans are permitted. Disney redefined business casual to include everything except for clothes you'd wear to the beach or pool (swimwear, swimwear coverups, flip flops, torn clothing).

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Jeans are permitted. Disney redefined business casual to include everything except for clothes you'd wear to the beach or pool (swimwear, swimwear coverups, flip flops, torn clothing).

That's good. It saves time since you don't have to make a trip to the resort to change . :mickey:

Carolanne
08-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi there! When DH & I ate there, I wore a sweater set, khaki capris, and a pair of wedge sandals. DH wore a polo shirt, khakis, and some kind of show (probably loafers, who knows). You'll be fine!

Really enjoyed the Yachtsman. We ate there in May 2008 for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. Suzy was our CM and she took very good care of us. Enjoy!

SFTrny
08-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Whatever you do, you CANNOT wear JORTS!

Lizzy
08-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Just wanted to follow up!

I ended up getting this dress that sort of looked like it was a cross between a sundress and an evening dress because of the color. It was mostly dark purple and black, with some blue and white paisley with purple mixed in. Boyfriend wore a button shirt and slacks. We looked great! I didn't feel overdressed at all, or underdressed. Except when the couple in the tux and black dress came in. They were stylish, but I felt more in place than them.

I would recommend sort of dressing up for this place for everyone. It was fun, made the night special and others were dressed nice too.

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2009, 04:50 PM
1) Wear what you/he would like.
2) Except for V&A, Disney no longer enforces any dress code.
3) That includes the "business casual" at Signature eateries.
4) Folks come in park duds.
5) Unfortunately, some are so poorly dressed, they look like they are homeless.

MinnieMommie
08-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Just wanted to follow up!

I ended up getting this dress that sort of looked like it was a cross between a sundress and an evening dress because of the color. It was mostly dark purple and black, with some blue and white paisley with purple mixed in. Boyfriend wore a button shirt and slacks. We looked great! I didn't feel overdressed at all, or underdressed. Except when the couple in the tux and black dress came in. They were stylish, but I felt more in place than them.

I would recommend sort of dressing up for this place for everyone. It was fun, made the night special and others were dressed nice too.

Sounds like you made a perfect decision Lizzy. Although you may be able to get away with being very casually dressed at signature dining venues, I agree that it is nice to dress up a bit. Some will be under-dressed and some will be dressed to the nines but what you describe sounds so very nice. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves! :mickey:

SurferStitch
08-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like you found a very pretty and appropriate dress! I am really getting into purple this year, and have bought several new fall items in the color. I especially love purple with black, so your dress really sounds lovely.

DH and I are dining at Yachtsman for the first time ever this December. We always dress up for signature dinners, so my problem is trying to whittle my wardrobe down to an acceptable and manageable amount to pack for our trip. Right now my potential packing list has over 30 casual tops, 20 dressy night tops, 5 or 6 dresses, about 20 pairs of shoes, and oodles of capris and dress pants (we'll be there a total of 11 days). Notorious over-packer here, and I swore to myself I would not be so bad this year!

I have to cut the list in half.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner!!