PDA

View Full Version : Happy Animation News!

EeyoresBestFriend
08-14-2009, 11:54 AM
I was just reading an article in entertainment about the upcoming Princess and the Frog where one of the animators, Hayao Miyazaki, said it is hand drawn animation! The first one in 5 years!! :thumbsup:

Although I like some of the computer generated animation films, my heart was always given to the handdrawn artwork. I don't know if I was the only one to cry the first time I went through the animators studio at DHS after they were turfed and all the windows that looked at the animators were frosted. It broke my heart to see all that amazing talent snuffed out. I still have a hard time going through there ~ to me, they were the Heart and Magic of Disney Animation.

My absolute thrill was to hear him say that Although Pixar will continue to grow with the CGI style films that Disney is going back to hand drawn!! :cloud9:

I soooo hope this is true as I have always found them to better.

brownie
08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
To me it's not an issue of one being better than the other, they're just different ways of doing the same thing. I think it all leads back to great story and quality craftsmanship that made CGI seem to be better than traditional animation.

I'm glad to see Disney producing a traditional feature and I hope they continue to do so.