PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass

our happy place
08-14-2009, 07:35 AM
was wondering has anyone prepurchased the photo pass CD before their trip and did they think it was totally worth it, oris it better to just buy the pics we want when we get back?

tys_mommy
08-14-2009, 07:43 AM
I would do the pre-purchase and save the $$. When you get back if you decide you don't like the pictures or didn't have enough taken to justify the cost of the CD you can have the pre-purchase refunded - it's a simple process.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-14-2009, 08:29 AM
We've pre-purchased the photopass for our last two trips, and since we know we're getting the CD we always find TONS of photographers and get lots of photos.

There are some that are great, some that are OK, but usually none that we hate, and the CD has alays been more than worth it, so we can have pictures of everyone together.

If by some chance you don't like them, you can get the fee refunded.

tazlikesrobots
08-14-2009, 08:48 AM
We got our money's worth from the photopass CD. By the time we added borders and and cropped them, we paid around 5 cents per picture.

tinksmom02
08-14-2009, 09:46 AM
I think it's totally worth it to prepurchase. As others have said, it's refundable, so if it turns out you don't get a lot of pics, no worries.

What I really like is that once you have the CD, you're free to take it anywhere to get prints made. I believe prints are about $12.95 each on the photopass site (that's for a 5x7; that used to be the smallest size they used, not sure if that's still the case). I upload the pictures to winkflash--they often run $0.06 print specials.

Gooftroop5
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
We think it is totally worth it. It was our 2nd time of doing it. Matter of fact I am still working on editing & adding borders to our 207 pictures we started out with. I am up to close 500 and I am not done nor have my parents touched theirs. I couldn't always get DD alone with her fav characters but since she is taller then the boys I have been able to crop & edit out the boys either completely or by adding borders. They actually turned out to be better shots then if she was by herself because they are nice close ups of the faces & no outside distractions.

When you tell the photopass people that you prepurchased they take extra pictures. All the street ones said "great we can take extra pictures then" We got a lot more special affects ones this trip (stitch coming out of ground, holding tinkerbell, boys holding balloons, & holding baby simba). They say tell the non-character photograhers to get extra pictures but we got some extra shots of the kids while we were with the characters. A bunch of candids & individual of each child that we never realized even though we checked the photos a couple of times. We were too busy looking at the special effects.

Nut4DW
08-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Has anyone tried to prepurchase the photo cd recently? I went to the website and can't find a place to pre-order. I pre-ordered for our trip in December and found that to be a very good deal and we got lots of great pics. Wanted to do the same thing again for our birthday trip this fall but cannot find that as an option. Can anyone help??? Thanks!

tinksmom02
08-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Has anyone tried to prepurchase the photo cd recently? I went to the website and can't find a place to pre-order. I pre-ordered for our trip in December and found that to be a very good deal and we got lots of great pics. Wanted to do the same thing again for our birthday trip this fall but cannot find that as an option. Can anyone help??? Thanks!

sending you a PM.

our happy place
08-14-2009, 09:13 PM
wow I didn't realize you can get a refund if your not happy, thats great news now I'm not so nervous about spending the money.
Thanks for all the info!

pixiesmimi
08-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Just make sure you cancel before you order the CD or within 2 weeks after your vacation or you won't get a refund. In other words, if you have already chosen and edited your pictures and ordered the CD, then you can't get a refund. Just pull your pictures up on the computer and look at them and if you don't like them or want them, cancel.

princessat37
09-03-2009, 04:57 PM
tinksmom02, can you pm me the pre-purchase info also? :mickey:

tinksmom02
09-03-2009, 11:06 PM
tinksmom02, can you pm me the pre-purchase info also? :mickey:

will do!

twink61
09-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Could you also send me the info on pre-purchasing CD. Could not find it on their home page.

KylesMom
09-12-2009, 05:35 PM
We've pre-ordered the photopass the last couple of years, and have found it totally worth it. There's just something so wonderful about having over 200 photos of our whole family together, versus the "your turn/my turn" equation.

The most important thing to remember is that the more pictures you have taken by PhotoPass Photographers, the more worth it the CD becomes. For those looking for the pre-order link, here you go:

PhotoPass Pre-Order (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx)

BelleKP
09-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I know you've had a lot of positivie feedback already . . . but I just wanted to conquer.
At the very least we would want a group picture at each of the parks . . . so with four parks and $12.95 a photo . . . well you've paid for half the price of the CD right there!
On our last photopass CD, pre purchased for a great price. (actually came as two CD's) we had well over 400 pics!!
It's a great deal.

VolMickey
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Howdy, all. Trying to pre-purchase and can't find the link. Can someone PM me?

KylesMom
09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey, VolMickey - just click on the link a few posts above, and you've got it. Let me know if you somehow can't get to it. :mickey:

VolMickey
09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Hey, VolMickey - just click on the link a few posts above, and you've got it. Let me know if you somehow can't get to it. :mickey:

Got it. Did it. Thanks!

yjgirl32
09-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Another vote for worth the money. We got over 300 pix and by the time I added borders it was close to 600. Great having all 9 of us in the picture.