PDA

View Full Version : What Was Your Reaction Or Favorite Memory Of The First Time You Went To WDW?

DisneyPrincess21
08-14-2009, 02:13 AM
I thought it would be fun to share all of our "First Visit To WDW" memories.

I was reading another thread about what "was your first ride at WDW". And it got me remembering my first ever trip when I was 5 to WDW. And as I am recalling my reactions and feelings, And I now understand completely and it explains why I am such a "Disney Freak" all these years later.

I remember wanting to visit WDW as a child, But my parents where in non-profit ministry work, and we were very very short on money. So they idea of getting a trip to WDW would have to be a miracle. Well we ended up needing to move and sold our house, and my parents decided we would take our first ever trip to wdw.

I don't remember every detail of the trip, but I remember being sooo excited as we were pulling into the main gate. I remember being so overwhelmed with my love for Disney that I kept saying "I want to marry this place!, I want to marry this place!"

Now keep in mind I was only 5 and all I understood about marriage was that you really had to love someone/something to marry them, and apparently I felt my love was very strong for Disney :blush:

We went to MK first, And I remember me and my dad went on the peter pan ride, and we got off and went back through the line to ride again, we did this about 3 times and the CM told us we could just stay on and ride as much as we wanted! I don't remember how many times we rode it, but it was a lot.

I have forgotten a lot of those memories and thinking back and remembering has brought a smile to my face and made me laugh.

We actually have our first trip to wdw on video somewhere, I think I might pull them out sometime and watch them, so I can relive all of those memories. I haven't watched them in literally 15 or more years.

Lizzy
08-14-2009, 10:30 AM
My favorite memory of my first trip is sort of selfish, but whatever

Mickey Mouse hugged me and not my sister. I was 4 and she was 7. To this day, she talks about that (we are now 29 and 32) :thedolls:

She unfortunatly can't stand Mickey, but does like other Disney stuff. I have Mickey Mouse displayed in every room of my house

cknorr28
08-14-2009, 12:14 PM
My very first trip was my honeymoon. My Wife had been before but as a kid we did not have alot of money and going to WDW was not something my Dad could afford. When my Wife and I walked into the Magic Kingdom and I saw Main Street for the very first time she said my mouth just dropped. I can remember smiley from ear to ear the whole time we were there. Luckily my kids have been a little bit more fortunate than I was and have been to WDW a few times. They love it as much as I do.

ibrowse17
08-14-2009, 12:14 PM
it was 1975, and I was 7. The entire extended family went, and I fully remember running through FW and the MK with my cousins. To explore such a place with them was a special experience. I also recall swimming in Bay Lake, and taking a ride on the train that went around FW. All of that started my love for Disney, which just as strong 34 years later:thumbsup:

faline
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Our first trip was a camping trip. We arrived late in the afternoon after a 27 hour drive. We set up our tent and got settled in anticipation of our trip to the Magic Kingdom the next day. We were tired so went to bed early. We had barely gotten settled into bed when this very loud music started to play! At the time, we had no idea what it was! We later discovered we had had our first encounter with the Electrical Water Pageant!

Emme&TeddysMommy
08-14-2009, 12:38 PM
My very first Disney experience started on Christmas morning (I was 8 or 9). We were sitting around the tree opening our gifts and I kept opening gifts like shorts, socks, a bathing suit and a walk-man. I kept thinking to my self ok it’s December in Massachusetts what are we going to do with this summer stuff. Finally my older sister asked my parents do you love us anymore. My father said yes of course we do. Well are you trying to freeze us to death. Every year for Christmas we got the normal winter stuff, new winter jacket, snow pants, boots, but none of this was under the tree this year. That’s when my Dad said well if you all checked you stocking you would find a surprise. So we all got up and ran to our stockings, but nothing was in them. Then we noticed 3 envelopes in the tree each one had our names on them. Dad passed them out and when we opened them they contained plane tickets and a note from Mickey stating that he couldn’t wait to see us soon. We were going to Disney for our February school vacation! What a surprise! The rest is history we all have been hooked ever since that very first trip :mickey: