PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do When They Are Taping The Christmas Parade At MK?

DisneyPrincess21
08-13-2009, 11:35 PM
It looks like I will be at WDW during the Christmas parade taping this year. I always start with MK and end with MK. This year our first day at WDW would be during the parade taping.
I have always watched the parade on t.v. and wished I could have been there during the taping. So I think I would enjoying being there. But I have heard mixed reviews from people who have been there for the parade taping. Some people say they loved it, Some say the haven't ever went because they avoid MK at all cost on the day of the parade taping.

I would really hate to have to skip MK on our first day, because I never feel like I am finally at Disney till I am on main street and see the castle. (also, we aren't planning on having park hopper on our tickets)

What has been your experience with MK during the Christmas parade taping? Was it worth it? Would you do it again? etc.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
08-14-2009, 04:38 AM
I would love to see them taping it ..It will be another to cross off me WDW experience list :D

Carol
08-14-2009, 07:37 AM
I've been to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World on the day of the parade taping.

I would plan on going to another park on that day.

sorcerer fan
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
don't know how much time you have in the world, but you will waste the whole day watching the parade. It's not like a regular parade, they keep going back and forth to get better shots and the wait between the floats is pretty long. Watching the singing in front of the castle is fun but it takes forever to get through a complete song. It was fun once, but no more. It's way more exciting on tv

Gooftroop5
08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
My brother & his family went the day they were taping. They were on a corner. Don't know if they ever made it in to the final cut on Christmas day. Honestly didn't watch it. We usual don't because of time schedule to get our presents done & to my parents house.

However the rest of us went to EPCOT for the day. That was nice because all the crowd was at the Magic Kingdom. A friend went on Mission Space & he had a 10 minute wait. That was the middle of the day.

BPATSMouse
08-15-2009, 07:21 AM
We were there in 2004 and will never go again. The parade takes a very long time, there are a lot of "redos" to get the right shot. The amount of people packed onto Main Street trying to get on TV is amazing. I would suggest going to another park the day of the taping. With what seems like everyone else at MK that day you will have the other "parks to yourself":secret:.

Gocubs
08-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I will be there during early December as well. What day is the taping scheduled for?

Marilyn Michetti
08-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I'd rather be anywhere else than MK on taping day. We always fly in on the first weekend, but our flight wouldn't get there in time, even if we wanted to see it.

The Christmas parade is what I do on Christmas day.:thumbsup:

bcornette
08-15-2009, 12:10 PM
The Christmas parade is typically the first weekend in December. So this year it would be - some concert taping in front of the castle on Friday Dec4th, Parade on December 5th, and reshoot some parts or all if rain on December 6th.

There is a MVMCP on that Sunday, does anyone know how the parade crowd affects the MVMCP attendance? Is it a high attendance night or a low attendance night?

jonasbrotherslvr15
08-18-2009, 08:10 AM
we had gone to park when they were taping the parade and basically rode every ride without the lines. it is so much easier if you go to the park during the taping b.c a lot of people watch the parade and not that many go on rides.:mickey::D

jnfr2424
08-19-2009, 10:14 AM
We were there in 2004 and will never go again. The parade takes a very long time, there are a lot of "redos" to get the right shot. The amount of people packed onto Main Street trying to get on TV is amazing. I would suggest going to another park the day of the taping. With what seems like everyone else at MK that day you will have the other "parks to yourself":secret:.

My goodness!So much has changed since I was in WDW on Christmas Day in '88! First of all the parade was live no retakes and all of that. Regis was talking to all of us in the crowd and we actually called our parents to set the VCR and sure enough we were on TV! Yes it was extremely crowded (worse than 4th of July) and needless to say we never did Christmas Day again I would rather go late Nov - early December and watch on Christmas Day!