PDA

View Full Version : Disney on the Brain!

disneykid@hrt
08-13-2009, 07:07 PM
So I booked our trip to DW about a month ago and it has really taken over my mind!! I'm spending all of my free time researching and shopping on-line for stuff I think we'll need... daydreaming..:secret:

We are leaving this weekend for Gulf Shores, Alabama for a week in a beautiful beach house with the whole fam and I hadn't even thought about the things I needed for that! But I know I'll be packing my Disney '09 books!:thumbsup:

Is this normal... or atleast happened to anybody else before? Am I a Disney nerd??

jnfr2424
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM
You are not the only one.
Because I bragged on how much fun my mother and I had together last Thanksgiving and that we decided to do it again this year. My family slowly but surely are making their way to spend the holidays withus and Mickey and Co! The latest was my nephew and family of 5 so now that brings the total up to 30! Since I am normally the family planner, I have been racking my brain all week trying to figure out where are we going to have Thanksgiving dinner mind you while all of this is going on I am also listening to Disney music, checking anything and everything on Intercot, changing reservations all over the place and having long conversations with the other Disney fans at work because I know they can relate to the madness. So bascially let me say Welcome to the club!

Pirate Granny
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I wonder if you could book the porch type area at the Whispering Canyon at WL...it would seat about 30 people and it would be perfect to all be in the same area...only other thought would be for a dinner by disney...and I'm not sure how much that would be...since you would be a grand gathering now that you have 30 persons, I imagine you could call and see what would be available for a group that large, that won't break the bank either. Have a wonderful time...so great that you'll spend the holiday in the happiest place on earth.
:pirate:

Wrigley
08-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Totally normal! Disney has totally taken over my brain as well. I booked our trip over a year ago (beg. of LAST Aug!) Soooo, I have had over a year to sit and dream and count down the days! We made a huge countdown chart that we have hanging on a door-each day we cross off a day! We are officially down to 77 days! Still seems sooo very far away, but at least we are now in double digits! I eat, sleep, and dream Disney!:mickey:

cather74
08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
I went to DW with my parents, sister and husband at the end of June for my parents 40th anniversary. We stayed at the Poly and had an amazing time! A week later my husband and I went on the trip of a lifetime to Rome, Athens, and a tour of the Greek Islands. It was my first time to Europe and I loved it more than I can say! However; everyday since we've been back, I go for my run while listening to the theme park soundtrack to Disney. Thinking of all the fun we had and wishing I was at Epcot on Soarin, or MK on Splash MT , DHS on TT or EE at AK. I guess I'm weird too! (and I don't want to change!):mickey:

BPATSMouse
08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Totally normal! Disney has totally taken over my brain as well. I booked our trip over a year ago (beg. of LAST Aug!) Soooo, I have had over a year to sit and dream and count down the days!

We do the same thing in September.

So I booked our trip to DW about a month ago and it has really taken over my mind!! I'm spending all of my free time researching and shopping on-line for stuff I think we'll need... daydreaming..Is this normal...

disneykid@hrt you are as NORMAL as the rest of us.:mickey: