PDA

View Full Version : birthday celebration pass question

jusandnew
08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
We are leaving to go to DW on Saturday. While we are there my 13yo ds will be having a birthday. It states that we need to bring a certified copy of birth certificate.
Does this mean the original or can we make a copy of his? When I made a copy it has all the inprints on it and I also copied the back of it and you can see the certified # from the front.
I really do not want to bring his original just incase it gets lost.

What is the amount of the gift card since the prices have changed?

sassafras
08-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Can you use a state issued ID? Some states (most I would think) will issue these for a small fee at your local license branch. Might be safer (and more convenient) than dragging around a birth certificate!

renecat
08-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm going in Sept. for my birthday but have a drivers license to prove my date of bith. I would think since they raised the price of admission they should also raise the gift card
to that amount. Hopefully someone from M.J. may know the answer to this. 25 mor days and counting.:cloud9:

Diamondback'09
08-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to pre register at Disney World's website. We had to pre register a birthday at Disneyland's website before we went there.

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2009, 03:17 AM
1) You cannot use a photocopy.
2) They are too easily faked.
. . . yes, people would fake for $75
. . . especially if they could sell a lot to others
. . . WDW would give out too many freebies
3) It must be a certified copy (often called an original).
4) The document MUST come from your county records department.
5) Photocopies will not be allowed to be used for admission, FP or $75 card.

NOTE: You won't lose it. Just put it back into your wallet or purse. If lost, they are only about $4 to have them replaced.

SignguyTom
08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Can you use a state issued ID? Some states (most I would think) will issue these for a small fee at your local license branch. Might be safer (and more convenient) than dragging around a birth certificate!

Per the Disney website:

Proper valid identification would be a Driver's License including a photo, Government-issued Photo ID, or a Government-issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and don't have any of the above mentioned ID, an original or a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is required. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted.

SignguyTom
08-17-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to pre register at Disney World's website. We had to pre register a birthday at Disneyland's website before we went there.

Pre-registration is not required. It just expedites the process at the park. They scan your preregistration certificate, verify your ID and off you go. Otherwise, they have to obtain your vital stats at the park.

Imagineer1981
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Good to know that adults only need an ID like a drivers license