PDA

View Full Version : epcot cool club??

rachel_future_candy_maker
08-12-2009, 08:01 PM
me and my family LOVE going to the coca-cola cool club in epcot, where you get to sample sodas from around the world. i was wondering if anyone can name some of the drinks that are avalible there:confused::donald:

PittFan
08-12-2009, 08:26 PM
I can't think of a single name. My family and I love this as well ... except for the soda from Italy :sick:

gerald72
08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Coke, Coke, Coke, and Coke??
I was there last week. I'll see if I can zoom up on the pics of the names of the drinks.
Yes, the Italy one was the only awful one.

KatrinaJ91
08-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Kinley Lemon - Israel
Lychee Mello - Thailand
Vegitabeta - Japan
Fanta Kolita - Costa Rica
Mezzo Mix - Germany
Beverly - Italy
Krest Ginger Ale - Mozambique
Smart Watermelon - China

Personally I like the Watermelon and the Mezzo Mix!

elmjimmlm
08-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Beverly is the nasty one...There is also Fanta...I think its watermelon...

E-Ticket4
08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
We can recall more of the flavors than we can the names but we got a few.

Italy - BEVERLY!
Germany - Mezzo Mixx
Japan we think -Vega-mix (?)

DisneyPrincess21
08-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I love the watermelon one from china it's yummy. I would seriously buy that if they sold it in stores.

Too bad they dont have the available at the refillable mug stations at the hotels.
Do you think it would be tacky for me to use my refillable resort mug at club cool to fill it up with the watermelon soda? Lol j/k:blush:

StitchFan#1
08-12-2009, 10:02 PM
:ack:BEVERLY IS LIKE MOP WATER EWWWWWUUHHHH But chinas and the orange one (ithinks its mexico) is delish :thumbsup:

Basket Mommy
08-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Here are pictures I took in May.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/mcmeekin/DSCN1600.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/mcmeekin/DSCN1601.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/mcmeekin/DSCN1602.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/mcmeekin/DSCN1604.jpg

DisneyPrincess21
08-12-2009, 10:36 PM
:ack:BEVERLY IS LIKE MOP WATER EWWWWWUUHHHH But chinas and the orange one (ithinks its mexico) is delish :thumbsup:

The orange one is from germany. Somehow I missed that one. I guess I was too busy drinking the watermelon one! LOL

JPL
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Beverly is the best of the best :tasty:

DisneyPrincess21
08-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Beverly is the best of the best :tasty:

Oh yeah, it's the best soda ever. "No no jeff you go ahead and finish yours first then i'll try it" :sick: :D

candleshoe
08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
I actually like the Beverly for it's unique, dare-to-be-different flavor.

What we like and don't like is all based on conditioning. For all those who drink coffee, imagine that it was not a social norm and your only exposure to it was this crazy hot drink from another country called "coffee" at a spot in EPCOT. We'd all be online talking about how gross and bitter it is and egging other people on to try it...
I see Beverly in that light.

gerald72
08-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Asia
Smart Watermelon (China)
Kinley Lemon (Israel)
VegitaBeta (Japan)

Europe
Mezzo Mix (Germany)
Beverly (Italy)

Africa
Krest Ginger Ale (Mozambique)

South America
Diet Tai Guaranį (Brazil)

North America
Lift Apple (Mexico)

gerald72
08-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I love the watermelon one from china it's yummy. I would seriously buy that if they sold it in stores.

Too bad they dont have the available at the refillable mug stations at the hotels.
Do you think it would be tacky for me to use my refillable resort mug at club cool to fill it up with the watermelon soda? Lol j/k:blush:

I don't know if it would be tacky, but I'd say it wouldn't be allowed.
We bought a souvenir cup at Club Cool with slush in it. After it was gone, my kids tried to refill it later with the free soda, and were told they weren't allowed to.

DisneyPrincess21
08-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't know if it would be tacky, but I'd say it wouldn't be allowed.
We bought a souvenir cup at Club Cool with slush in it. After it was gone, my kids tried to refill it later with the free soda, and were told they weren't allowed to.

I would never do it. I was just joking, but thanks for the info :mickey:

Imagineer1981
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
BEVERLY:ill::sick::sick::sick::ack::ack::ack:

IamBelle
08-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Does anybody know if you can order these sodas online? I love the Vegitabeta from Japan!

AmandaChan
08-14-2009, 08:59 AM
* Smart Watermelon (China)
* Kinley Lemon (Israel)
* Diet Tai Guaranį (Brazil)
* VegitaBeta (Japan)
* Lift Apple (Mexico)
* Mezzo Mix (Germany)
* Beverly (Italy)
* Krest Ginger Ale (Mozambique)

I love the smart watermelon and vegitabeta.

kdssmorse
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Where is the cool club located and does it cost anything?

DisneyPrincess21
08-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Where is the cool club located and does it cost anything?

It is situated near Innoventions West.
It is free of charge

RBrooksC
08-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I really do wish people would stop giving away Beverley.

And, Beverley is basically tonic water.

edhunter28
08-14-2009, 02:24 PM
it is on the backside of the character building and unless you buy a souvenier, it is free.

edhunter28
08-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I really do wish people would stop giving away Beverley.

And, Beverley is basically tonic water.

yeah but it is fun to trick friends and watch their faces on their 1st sip:sick:

RBrooksC
08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
yeah but it is fun to trick friends and watch their faces on their 1st sip:sick:

I think you misunderstand. Stop telling people what Beverley is all about.

I hate it when people have to say "oh, it is awful. Whatever you do, don't try it." The fun of Club Cool is finding out for yourself.

candleshoe
08-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I think you misunderstand. Stop telling people what Beverley is all about.

I hate it when people have to say "oh, it is awful. Whatever you do, don't try it." The fun of Club Cool is finding out for yourself.

I do agree with you in that I'm glad that I had no idea what I was getting into when I first tried it...it's like being told the end of a movie before you go to see it. And yet...I've actually come to like the Beverly. Is something wrong with me?

RBrooksC
08-14-2009, 11:55 PM
I do agree with you in that I'm glad that I had no idea what I was getting into when I first tried it...it's like being told the end of a movie before you go to see it. And yet...I've actually come to like the Beverly. Is something wrong with me?

Like I said, it is basically tonic water. It contains Quinine. That is what makes it taste like it does.

Pop Centurion
08-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Supposedly Mezzo Mix is nothing more than 3 parts Coke 1 Part Orange (maybe Fanta)

I'll have to mix some and myself and see how close the taste is.

Also I've searched around for retailers that sell any of the flavors but had no luck.

allentownguy
08-16-2009, 02:55 AM
you can buy the various sodas here in the states, you just need to know were to look. the ones from Europe and Mexico are cheaper and the farther east you go the higher the import fees you will pay. these products are not made in the states and are made in there respected countries so they have to clear customs and shipping. this is the expensive part not the price of the product. you cant just buy just a case, you would have to buy several. just Google, for example Chinese food distributor. not you corner bodega, but the huge warehouse importer. find these and you will be on your way to find "smart watermelon".
also Google international beverage importers, this can be a one stop shopping place for the sodas if you find the right one. don't be surprised if all you see at first is beer. it is GOOD BEER :beer:
i hope this helps:mickey:

6 more days till we hear "welcome home"
ASM aug 22-28

rachel_future_candy_maker
08-27-2009, 06:54 PM
oh thanks! Vegibeta was the one i was looking for-its sooo yummy! i hated the clear soda that was really bitter though-maybe from italy??:mickey:

mousetrapper
08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
I actually like the Beverly for it's unique, dare-to-be-different flavor.

What we like and don't like is all based on conditioning. For all those who drink coffee, imagine that it was not a social norm and your only exposure to it was this crazy hot drink from another country called "coffee" at a spot in EPCOT. We'd all be online talking about how gross and bitter it is and egging other people on to try it...
I see Beverly in that light.

So true! I often think of Coke that way - who would ever want to drink a brown, fizzy liquid? Looks very unappetizing.

Do you recall when Pepsi came out with Pepsi Clear? It's pretty much the same as regular Pepsi, but without the caramel (brown) coloring. It totally flopped, because people were conditioned to think of cola as brown and the clear liquid just didn't appeal to them (although you would think clear would seem more appealing than brown!)...:ack:

Patricia
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
You can find similar drinks in markets catering to the particular countries.

For instance, a local Italian market would sell Chinotto, which is a bitter soft drink. San Pellegrino also sells a version called Chino. I believe Coke jumped on the bitter band wagon with Beverly.

Chinotto is a citrus fruit used to add bitter flavour. Blah..

I'd check local asian markets for watermelon sodas if you enjoyed those. I've found a few different ones.