PDA

View Full Version : ADR jitters

Mickeydream
08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Two years ago when we went to Disney, my DD made our ADR's and everything worked out great. We got everyting on the days we chose within a few minutes of our original choice. It was wonderful!!

This trip we received the extended free dining :thumbsup: and upgraded to the DDP. Unfortunately, this year my DD will be camping when our 90 day window comes along and guess who has to the honors. I don't mind getting up extra early because I do anyway, but we will be celebrating 2 birthdays there and the girls have their hearts set on certain restaurants...one being CRT!!

I have had nightmares the last 2 nights about problems with the ADR process...dial the wrong number, put on hold for 1/2 hour, computer crashes (mine or theirs), person doesn't speak English :mad:, no ressies for the CRT, lose my notes. It has been awful!!

I will be making them at 6 am online and it looks a little confusing. I have checked it out, but would much rather speak to a person. Am I alone in this thought?:confused:

faline
08-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I, too, like being able to talk to a person. I've never done the online system. If things aren't going well on-line, I'd still call when the lines open. Go for the most important ones first. Best of luck to you!

Dsnygirl
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
:mickey: I can tell you from someone who was really nervous to use the online system, too, that it really was VERY easy, and I didn't have any trouble using it. Granted, I wasn't booking during a free-dining time period, but the ease of use was very nice. (I did go online and practice seeing how to access the different restaurants quickly (I told you I was nervous... :blush:) )

I do like talking to a CM, though, so if I were you, b/c the 0600 online system gives you an hour's lead time, I'd try that first, and then call right at 0700 for whatever you weren't able to get online.

Good luck -- I hope you're able to score those birthday meals!! :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
If you are able, why not do them at the same time? That way you may be on hold waiting and looking online at the same time...

DisneyAggies
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I was hesitant to book online, but I had NO problem (other than retrieving them afterward...but it was a glitch..no biggie)...I say call in, and book on the phone while you're doing your online thing...I got ALL the ADRs we wanted!
Good luck!

Mickeydream
08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Well....the ADR's are made!! It was not all like my nightmares, but not w/o a few issues. When I got online at 6 AM this morning, I could only access the 1st date of our trip. The other 10 days were not available to book....what the heck?? :mad: So I booked our 1 ADR for arrival night and tried for another 1/2 hr w/o success.

At 7 AM I got right on the phone immediately with a CM that had no idea why I was not able to do it all online (she never did figure it out). But she was great and was able to help with all our other ADR's except 1900 PF which had some sort of glitch. She told me that they really weren't filled even though the system showed that they were (?). She assured me that fixing it was set at a "high priority" although no time frame was given for correcting the problem and to keep calling back. :confused: I have called right up until 10 PM tonight and they are still not booking for there.

I am patient and the trip is not until November, so I will continue to call in the morning. The really good news is this....

WE got CRT for a birhtday b'fast!! :yay:

Now I can rest w/o fear of nightmares over ADR's. :cloud9:

mousetrapper
08-21-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm in the same boat - it looks like I'm only being allowed to book the first day's worth of ADRs... :confused:

I wonder if it has to do with being able to retrieve your trip reservation? I booked through SW, not WDW, so I don't think I can access my reservation through the Disney site.