PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys for Dinner

Ksmith75
08-12-2009, 07:40 PM
How is Chef Mickeys for dinner?? DH and I are thinking of going next May.

PittFan
08-12-2009, 07:45 PM
We've done Chef mickeys the last few trips .. we enjoyed it, especially the character interaction at the table. The food was good too. :mickey:

MonoMan
08-12-2009, 08:12 PM
We have dinner at Chef Mickey's every trip, but we don't go there for the food...we go there for the character interaction/experience for our son. The food is fine, but it's nothing to rave about. I will say that on our last trip it was better than the time before, but it isn't a place I would select if I wasn't interested in the character experience.

GrmGrninGost
08-12-2009, 08:26 PM
We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast! As far as dinner, we found it lacking. Even the character interaction wasn't as good as at breakfast.

elmjimmlm
08-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Chef Mickeys is great...Our kids love it and the food isn't bad either...:thumbsup:

mouseneer
08-13-2009, 02:43 AM
My family and I loved it there !! if you aren't tolerant of kid noise, don't go there. Of course, if you aren't into kids having fun, why would you go ? I have some pictures of us at CM's, click my username, then my homepage. Have fun !! :mickey:

BPATSMouse
08-13-2009, 06:07 AM
We have been 3 times and are going twice this Sept. (Dinner and Breakfast) The food is good and the Character interaction :mickey2: MICKEY is great.

Ricbr
08-13-2009, 07:38 AM
We have dinner at Chef Mickey's every trip, but we don't go there for the food...we go there for the character interaction/experience for our son. The food is fine, but it's nothing to rave about.

I agree with this completely. For us it was average food.....Good but nothing spectacular. But the interaction with the characters and my kids was worth using a sit down meal for it.

If you dont have any kids you and your DH would probably enjoy some other places first. If you have kids....no question this is a good place to go.

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I was gonna ask the same question. I've only done the breakfast at Chef Mickeys, which is by far my favorite!

This year we are going to do both the breakfast and dinner so I wanted to get others opinions on the dinner!

disney100%
08-13-2009, 04:04 PM
We ate at Chef Mickey's last trip for the first time. We were a group of 10 - 2 grandparents, 4 parents and 4 kids ages 3 and under. We had a blast! The noise level is definitely higher there than I noticed at other character meals, but as a mom of 3 little ones, it didn't bother me. The character interaction was great, especially Mickey. We will definitely go back on our next trip, but I think we will try the breakfast buffet instead.

1goofyfamily
08-13-2009, 05:34 PM
this is our kickoff to every Disney trip ever since we ate here with a group of 20+. There is something for everyone and who doesn't love Chip & Dale...well most go for Mickey & Minnie. 15 of us (hopefully more) will be starting things off here on 12/5. Can't wait!!

HoosierDisneyFan
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
A+ Character Interaction
B- Food (Adult)
A- Food (Child)

I have gone several times with my son (starting at age starting when he was 9 years old. He has always loved the seeing Mickey & gang and I got some great photos. My sone looved being able to select food he liked from the kids buffet (Pizza, Mac & Cheese, etc). From an adults prospective the food is not great but you gets lots of it (resturant humor). I will say the desert buffet is really good with may good selections for all.

Since your trip to Disney is a family vacation, it is great to see the kids and their reactions to the characters.

ransam
08-14-2009, 12:02 AM
i liked it a lot, not sure if I would go again. the food was good, not great. and it's hard to carry on any conversation.

Babyvett
08-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Chef Mickey's is a must do for me on every trip. It's usually the first night's ressies for us. I'm taking DH there our first night.. The food is decent, the character interaction is spot on, and it's alot of fun. :)

Gator
08-17-2009, 08:02 PM
With kids: yes. Without kids: no. Great character interaction, but the food is just so-so. And the noise....wow. Of course, all of WDW is that way. 1900 Park Faire may be better. It has characters, but the food is better.

scootch713
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Cm is our favorite..for food and characters. I love the prime rib. That is the only sit down meal we are doing this trip(short trip/combined with cruise).

pluto 77
08-20-2009, 12:28 AM
We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast! As far as dinner, we found it lacking. Even the character interaction wasn't as good as at breakfast.

:ditto:

disneycutie165
08-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Chef Mickeys is good. I don't particularly like buffets, so it's not my cup of tea but still good. But take it from a daughter who's dad loves eating, my dad LOVES it! The characters are still out at dinner too.

TheRustyScupper
08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
How is Chef Mickeys for dinner?? DH and I are thinking of going next May.

1) If just you and the hubby, probably pass on it.
2) It has good character interaction for kiddies.
3) But, the food is just average.

NOTE: At ANY character meal, you are paying for the characters and/or ambiance (eg. CRT), but you are not paying for top-notch food.

Mickey91
08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
We love Chef Mickey's. But we prefer breakfast over dinner.

MinnieMommie
08-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Chef Mickey's is a fun place! When our kids were young we used to go every trip. The food is plentiful and good (but certainly not gourmet) and the desert bar is amazing. Since you haven't been before you might like to try it. It seems like Chef Mickey is something everyone should experience at least once. However, if you are looking for a strictly dining venue and the food is your only criteria for selection it may not be the place for you. :mickey: