PDA

View Full Version : Wishes From The Train Station?

MistressGracey
08-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Hello all!

For our upcoming trip, we plan to stay @ MK until close (8PM) and then after Wishes, bolt out for the resort monorail for cocktails and dinner ressies @ the Poly. My plan for a quick exit is to head to Main Street by 7:30, stake out a spot (standing is fine) right by the train station, watch Wishes, then turn around and flee before the mass exodus. I'm not really worried about having enough time to get to Poly (late dinner ressies), but I am wondering if we'll be able to see much of Wishes from this vantage point. Believe it or not, in all the years we've been going to Disney, we have never seen Wishes, using the time instead to slip into the Mansion one last time, heh heh. :thumbsup: Has anyone else watched wishes from this spot on Main Street?

Thanks muchly!!:D

paragon
08-12-2009, 05:44 PM
We have seen it from the train station platform, and I think its probably one of the best spots ever. However, I am afraid, that by your planned time of 730 will be too late to have a fully unobstructed view, even if standing. There are a few table and chair sets up there, and those are usually taken pretty early, so it may be a good idea to have someone planted there earlier.
Hope you have good luck, enjoy it!
Oh yeah, I forgot, one time while we were up there, a CM from the station offered to take our picture with the castle in the background. It was great.

SallyMcQueen
08-12-2009, 05:56 PM
We watched Wishes from the landing area of the train station and had a great view. I wanted to be close to the exit too because I had a very tired 5 year old to carry, didn't want to fight the crowds carrying her :secret:

Cinderella's mom
08-12-2009, 06:32 PM
The very first time that we saw Wishes with our DD who was 20 months old, we watched from the train station. We were afraid that it would be too loud for her. (She didn't like loud noises back then) :secret:It was the perfect place for watching and getting out early. We went back that December and the tree was obstructing the view. So, if it will be decorated for Christmas, you will not be able to see straight on, but you can sit on top in a seat to watch. Hope this helps!!

DVC2004
08-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Have you thought about taking the monorail to the Poly, and viewing Wishes from the beach there? We've done that on more than one occassion. I think it's a lovely place to watch. There's hammocks there, too. I've never watched them from the rain station, but I would think it would be somewhat of an unobstructed view.

Tick-Tock
08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
One of my favorite times watching Wishes was at Town Square, just in front of the train station. The Main Street buildings were all lit up and made a wonderful frame for the show. And it was great to slip right out the exit at the end!

MistressGracey
08-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Woo hoo! Thanks for all the great info. I never thought about heading on over to Poly to see Wishes from the beach! Is the music piped in? Once we saw the water pageant from the beach at Poly and IIRC, there was music playing on the beach that "went with" the show...

Thanks again, guys...I can always count on Intercotters for the skinny.:thumbsup:

Pixie Power
08-13-2009, 08:32 PM
You can also go over to the Grand Floridian and view Wishes from the boat dock (near Narcoossee's) & the music is piped in there for sure. :thumbsup:

brad192
08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
While viewing Wishes from the beach at the Poly, or from the dock at the GF is a nice alternative, I think that if you've never seen Wishes, your first time should be from somewhere on Main Street. There's just something about viewing that wonderful show from there, surrounded by Disney Magic & all the other guests oohing & ahhing. :cloud9:

My preferred spot is right outside of Casey's in the middle of the street, although Town Square would be a good spot for a quick getaway.:mickey:

KatrinaJ91
08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
While viewing Wishes from the beach at the Poly, or from the dock at the GF is a nice alternative, I think that if you've never seen Wishes, your first time should be from somewhere on Main Street. There's just something about viewing that wonderful show from there, surrounded by Disney Magic & all the other guests oohing & ahhing. :cloud9:

I totally agree! If you have never seen it, you need to experience it in the park. It makes it more magical!! I have never watched from the train station platform, but always see people up there for them so I am sure it would be a good view.

DizneyRox
08-14-2009, 07:32 AM
7:30 is a little late to expect a decent view. I've seen those tables/chairs gone by 5pm up on the platform.

I don't believe the music is piped in at the Poly, I've seen it over by the Luau and there was no music. The marina at the Grand does pipe in music, but it's a very strange angle to watch form and the fireworks go off way to the left of the Castle. Your view from the Grand is as if you were watching from Pirates of the Caribbean (at least in terms of the angle).

A straight shot provides a much better experience.

gueli
08-14-2009, 04:21 PM
The music is definatly pipped in at the poly, but you miss a number of the lower fireworks.

I watched it a few times from the beach when we stayed there in sep 2007...

And I don't think they pipe it in to the area near the luau, but if you wander over to the beach in front of the buildings it is definately piped in...also if you haven't seen it, the electric water show is neat also...
:fworks:
:cheers: