PDA

View Full Version : Which Ride Would Be The Worst....

DisneyFr33k
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
to be on if it were to break down (stop)? And, at what point on the ride? :coaster::eek:

I know what my vote would be, but will wait to see if any of you agree!

garymacd
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Rockin' Roller Coaster at the top of a loop!
:ack:

PittFan
08-12-2009, 01:06 PM

:ditto: I've already been on IASW, Maelstrom & CoP when they've broken down. :shake:

Mickey91
08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I agree with Rockin Roller on a loop. I have been on Splash going up the hill and the Barnstormer going up the hill. Very uncomfortable but probably better than hanging upside down.

DisneyHoneymooners
08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
The part of Haunted Mansion where your lean way back while your doombuggy is going backwards

edhunter28
08-12-2009, 01:20 PM
its a small world.the song gets annoying after a while.i cant imagine getting stuck on it

DisneyFr33k
08-12-2009, 01:24 PM
its a small world.the song gets annoying after a while.i cant imagine getting stuck on it

Oh my - you win!! :thumbsup: I thought being on the Tower of Terror right as the doors open would stink- not knowing if/when you'd fall. But being stuck on It's a Small World trumps that one!

KathyMO
08-12-2009, 01:46 PM
:ack::ditto:

TennesseeTink
08-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Test Track in either the hot room or the cold room. I think after being in the Florida heat the hot room might make me :sick:.

We've gotten stuck on CoP twice now when it broke down, and it was VERY annoying to listen to the same spiel 6 or 7 TIMES IN A ROW! We now call it the Carousel of No Progress.

laprana
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
The worst for me would be stuck on EE at the top of the outside hill where the tracks are "broken." I looooove EE, but I'm terrified of heights and always close my eyes at that part of the ride. I'd be a wreck if it got stuck there! :jaw::eek::scared:

chefmickey3
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree RnRC. We were stuck on Test Track in the heat room for about 4 minutes - pretty awful!

BluewaterBrad
08-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Splash Mountain at the foot of the first mountain climb where the cannon shoots water up! In Feb.!!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
08-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Luckily that can't happen due to the various breaks on the attraction being before and after the loops.

For me though it would Haunted Mansion by the bride in the attic...got stuck there once by a kid and she is FREAKY

edhunter28
08-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Test Track in either the hot room or the cold room. I think after being in the Florida heat the hot room might make me :sick:.

We've gotten stuck on CoP twice now when it broke down, and it was VERY annoying to listen to the same spiel 6 or 7 TIMES IN A ROW! We now call it the Carousel of No Progress.

i got stuck in the cold room for an hour and came out soaked:ill: my parents and sisters were in the hot room

redlegwife96
08-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Definitely Mission Space, if you couldn't get out of the seat. Being closed in for any length and not being able to move would be absolutely terrible. :sick:

allentownguy
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
small world, in one of the foreign singing rooms. sends shivers down my spine...lol

did my online check in today:number1:
only a few more days till we hear "welcome home"
ASM aug 22-28

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I have been on Carousel of Progress when it broke down during the song...it drove me over the edge..

RNR upside down would kill me for sure.

Darin M
08-12-2009, 06:49 PM
The worst ride for me, since last year I had really bad sunburn, would be to get stuck on aladdin's carpets, under the hot sun.

DVC2004
08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Man, we always get stuck either in line for, or on, Test Track. Like every trip. I don't know what it is about that ride but it never seems to run properly. I dread even going anymore but my youngest DS loves it.

rachel_future_candy_maker
08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
probably carousel of progress or spaceship earth...very boring rides!:ccat::hatter:

KatrinaJ91
08-12-2009, 08:21 PM
The part of Haunted Mansion where your lean way back while your doombuggy is going backwards

I have been stuck here, but only for about 2 minutes....thank goodness!

SFTrny
08-12-2009, 09:50 PM

That happened to me!

StitchFan#1
08-12-2009, 10:16 PM
top flight deck on soarin' would be freaky because if anyone would swing it or keep the fire work booms going i would be out cold

SBETigg
08-12-2009, 10:16 PM

I've been stuck there and I thought it was pretty comfortable and a lot of fun. I've ben stuck almost at the top of Splash Mountain before the big drop. That was a little scary for me, though not bad.

The worst for me would probably be Everest after the track break, backwards and in the dark, or RnR in the loop. Though the ToT scenario could be really nerve-wracking!

garymacd
08-12-2009, 10:56 PM
That happened to me!

I love that part!

Mousemates
08-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by DisneyHoneymooners View Post
The part of Haunted Mansion where your lean way back while your doombuggy is going backwards.

That happened to me!

me too.

Jeniflower
08-13-2009, 07:49 AM

We got stuck backwards in the Haunted mansion and its at the graveyard bit for about 5 minutes. the scary vincent price like voice telling us it was temporary fault and not to panic did not help.

getting stuck in dinosaur while the dionsnaurs are roaring really close would also be scary

Goofy4TheWorld
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
i got stuck in the cold room for an hour and came out soaked:ill: my parents and sisters were in the hot room

I guess they would have to take me to jail, because after 10-15 minutes, I would stop at *nothing* to get out myself. There is simply no justification for that kind of delay :mad:

I guess I have been lucky, the only thing to ever hold me up was the food court at breakfast.

robnadina
08-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Got Stuck on Spaceship Earth once as we were passing the Renassance (sp) section. The animatronics were not working but we got to hear the audio on the loop. So boring!

Running_Bell
08-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure what the worst would be.... but the best ever time I was stuck on a ride was back in 1997 on the Skyway. My 5 yr old son and I were riding it in the evening trying to get to the fireworks in time. The thing got stuck and we are left hanging and swaying for over an hour. IT WAS THE BEST thing ever because the fireworks started while we were stuck up there and we had the most perfect view of them ! Plus we had bought a pretzel right before we boarded the skyway... so we even had a snack.

I miss that ride.

jenperich
08-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure what the worst would be.... but the best ever time I was stuck on a ride was back in 1997 on the Skyway. My 5 yr old son and I were riding it in the evening trying to get to the fireworks in time. The thing got stuck and we are left hanging and swaying for over an hour. IT WAS THE BEST thing ever because the fireworks started while we were stuck up there and we had the most perfect view of them ! Plus we had bought a pretzel right before we boarded the skyway... so we even had a snack.

I miss that ride.

I miss that ride too! Why did they take that away? What a great way to see the Magic Kingdom.

I don't think I've every been on a ride when it stopped. But, I love IASW, and I would definitely love being stuck on that ride. I'm probably the only one in the world that would enjoy that. :-)

grumpyguy
08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
come on...my vote has got to be iasw!!
for what it represents i like the ride.
the song is cute in moderation.to think of being caught on the ride for any length of time
is inconceivable!!!
i've been stuck on pp,splash and hm and loved every second of it:thumbsup:

shan1021
08-13-2009, 12:31 PM

i had that happen once for like 20 min atleasttt

mouseneer
08-14-2009, 03:01 AM
We were stuck on SM at Brer' Bear's door for over 30 minutes, had to hear that song on a 10 second loop the whole time....brutal.

RAIDER
08-14-2009, 04:35 AM

Ditto and i will add mission space to it if you couldnt get out of the cabin

DisneyOtaku
08-14-2009, 10:10 AM

I've been stuck there once. It was only a few minutes though. It was weird at first but then got oddly comfortable. Perhaps I'm just strange like that. :D

DisneyOtaku
08-14-2009, 10:11 AM
While on a loop on RnRC would be pretty bad, I think for me it would have to be on the ToT, at the very top with the windows open. I'm totally afraid of heights, so that would just be horrible! :ill:

DisneyFr33k
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I think for me it would have to be on the ToT, at the very top with the windows open. I'm totally afraid of heights, so that would just be horrible! :ill:

:ditto: That was my original vote. If that happened to me, I would need some serious therapy after they got me down! :crazy:

bruin1344
08-14-2009, 01:10 PM
1. Stuck upside down on Rockin Rollercoaster
2. Stuck on the hill on Splash Mountain
3. Stuck in extreme temperatures of Test Track
4. Stuck in its a small music (music is really annoying).

Mad About Mickey
08-14-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't think I've every been on a ride when it stopped. But, I love IASW, and I would definitely love being stuck on that ride. I'm probably the only one in the world that would enjoy that. :-)

Carefull what you wish for. We were once stuck in there for close to thirty minutes. As wonderfull as IASM is, hearing the song over and over and over and over and over and over etc.. was maddening. For years I would go nowhere near the ride and have only recently been able to enjoy it again.

I would enjoy getting stuck at the ballroom scene in HM. There are so many things going on in there that I never get it all in. The graveyard would be cool too.

I must say for all the times we have been to WDW we have had very few run ins with broken down rides. Not so lucky at many of the non Disney parks.

Mendelson
08-15-2009, 01:19 AM
Splash Mountain at the foot of the first mountain climb where the cannon shoots water up! In Feb.!!:mickey:

This happened to us...in January!

twink61
08-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Carousel of Progress, between two rooms. Got stuck for about 15 minutes. Really scary!!

Giggy
08-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I would enjoy getting stuck at the ballroom scene in HM. There are so many things going on in there that I never get it all in.

My sister wouldn't be pleased if that happened to us. We couldn't get her in there for our visits when she was 4 or 7, when she was 11 we managed to persuade her (after long negotiations) and she did enjoy it when she went in. She doesn't like spooky things in general though so being trapped in there would probably be a bit much. :hmghost:

Quixote
08-15-2009, 10:45 PM
the worst would be in the old mexican pavilion ride in the world showcase, where the woman runs from screen to screen trying to sell you things. Idk why, but something about that would be annoying after a while

azcavalier
08-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I think that the worst would be RnR upside down. Nothing could be worse than that.

A few years back as we were boarding POTC, I made the offhand comment that I wonder what the ride would look like with all the lights on. I got my wish. We broke down just before the scene with the pirates in jail trying to get the key from the dog. After a while they turned the lights on, and a little while later they turned the music off. Then a cast member came out and told us jokes, and finally, a couple of CMs had donned those boots that come all the way up to the waist, jumped in the water, and pushed us backwards to one of the rooms where the pirates are sacking the town. They helped us out of the boats, and we got to walk up through the set and out a back room, and out into the back areas of the park. It was actually kind of neat to go "behind the scenes" as it were.

Darbylew
08-17-2009, 10:18 AM
We were on Spaceship Earth one time and it
broke down so we had to walk out. Well, we had to climb down all the stairs that was beside
the track. It was quite interesting to see things
in the light. I think being on any roller coaster
would be bad. :(

Mfarquar
08-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Don't forget about Dinosaur!

We were stuck on it for about 15 minutes a couple of years ago. Pitch black dark with only a scary dinosaur visible who was screaming in our faces. Then they shut down some of the ambient noise and it got really creepy!

At least we got a fastpass out of it...

DisneyFr33k
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Test Track was our only experience. It stopped right near where the truck appears like it will hit you. After 10 minutes, a CM came around, releasing us from the cars and walking us to a staircase. Our family of 4 got a fastpass good for 6 people. We waited until the line was long and surprised a young couple just getting in line (over an hour wait). We asked them if they would like to join us in the FP line. You should have seen the look on their face!

vws_and_disney
08-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Being stuck under the cannons is no fun. But being stuck in Mission Space :ack:

jonasbrotherslvr15
08-17-2009, 05:07 PM

its actually fun gettin stuck there. when my family goes we usually get stuck there. i love lying on your back when you get stuck! its relaxing!!:mickey:

waymickey
08-17-2009, 07:35 PM
my family and i got stuck on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
Doesn't sound bad right? Wrong we were up there for over an hour and 1/2 and the park had closed for the night. The CMs had to go to each car and walk the people off the ride. We were right over the indy speedway and when they got to us they walked us behind spacemountian and we went down stairs there. I had to be carried over the tracks since you can't touch them and I am too short to jump across.

Gator
08-17-2009, 07:41 PM
The Haunted Mansion streching room, full of people. Love the ride, but hate all those people crammed in there. That would awful to get stuck in the middle.

Jodi
08-17-2009, 09:50 PM
We got stuck in Dinosaur for about 10 minutes, it was creepy, but cool at the same time. I would not like to get stuck on ToT.

Leaving Friday, Aug. 21st for Pop !!!

brownie
08-18-2009, 07:13 AM
If the soundtrack continues to play, It's a Small World.

jonasbrotherslvr15
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
:)Try being stuck on the top of the hill on sm for over 45 minutes, and it was a full boat of kids( it was all of my cousins and me of course)!!!!!! :thumbsup:

biodtl
08-19-2009, 09:10 AM
We got stuck here once - it was actually pretty comfy, so DD and I just snuggled up and took a short nap.

i got stuck in the cold room for an hour and came out soaked my parents and sisters were in the hot room
This would definitely be the worst! I can't understand why they couldn't/wouldn't turn off the cold and heat when this happens.

I've been stuck on plenty of rides, but none have been too bad. We did have to walk off TSM once, which was interesting.

disneycutie165
08-19-2009, 09:18 AM

Exactly! We've been stuck on it at that point! Not fun! Especially with ghosts all around you. We've also been stuck in the library room, in front of one of the knocking doors, in front of the opening casket, and in front of the hallway with the candles in the distance,in the hallway with the changing pictures, and in front of the ballroom...... eekkk! Beat that!

rainbodragon
08-19-2009, 11:28 AM
the worst was getting stuck in the hm graveyard right next to one of those screaming, jumping ghouls. and this was before the tamed them down, when they popped up out of nowhere. after 10 min i was a basket case!

i do agree that getting stuck in the ballroom would be highly entertaining. i think getting stuck lying down on hm would be great at the end of a long day, it would really give the feet a nice rest, putting them up.

Granny Jill A
08-19-2009, 02:04 PM
We got stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean right next to the skeleton steering the ship. It was blowing cold rain and the voice kept booming "Dead Man's Chest" over and over.

It was the WORST.

pink
08-19-2009, 07:36 PM
I've been stuck:
-On the HM going backwards.
-In the graveyard next to a ghost that kept popping up, very scary.
-On a hill on Splash Mountain.
-On the hill in Space Mountain.
-On Test Track somewhere but I forget where.
-At the end of Rock N Roller Coaster, very claustrophobic sitting for too long with those constraints.

A few of mine was stuck on Dinosaur for about 15 minutes she said, they made an annoucement that they were going to walk them out and literally a few seconds after that they dinosaurs started growling around and the right started working.

I guess that means I've a true Disney veteran if I've been stuck in most of the rides mentioned lol.

I think the worst rides to be stuck on would be the TOT right before you start to drop or in the middle of dropping (even though I've heard they lower you down slowly, it would still be scary). :mickey:

coneygoil
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
The ones I was thinking of have already been mentioned like getting stuck on Splash Mountain where the water canon is. I have been stuck on SM where the water from the drop splashing over to the next track. It's always funny when the person in front of you gets splashed by that, but you don't. MUAHAHA!

I've been stuck on Dinosaur with the lights on. Surprisingly didn't ruin the experience on later trips. That ride still scares the begeebees out of me!

Also been stuck on Haunted Mansion which is my worst fear, because that ride freaks me out. Stupid antique-phobia.

Ms. Mode
08-20-2009, 01:19 PM
I thought that Tower of Terror would be the worst, not knowing if the thing would drop or not....but when you added "It's a Small World" ...talk about a log jam...:ack:

I think I'm going to have a nightmare :mickey:

SuzieBell
08-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I've been stuck on HM (years ago) going facing backwards in the Doom buggy! Not fun! Been stuck on SW during that annoying song! I just called my friends answering maching and made him listen to it too! Also been stuck on CoP. That was actually funny! They ended up having to re-do a scene! I think someone got up and left in the previous section. There was not a lot of people there and we all sang out loud it's a great big beautiful tomorrow! :party: My DH got stuck on ToT and he actually had to get out on a ladder and they moved him to another elevator!

prttynpnk
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
This may not sound horrifying, but think about it.....
We were stuck in winnie the Pooh during the rainstorm.
'And the rain,rain,rain came down,down,down and something,something piglet '

Thats more insidious than any scene from Marathon Man!
We may never be the same.

malz288
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM
when my family got stuck in the heat room of test track they shut off the heat, but the people in front of us had the cold still on them the whole time, which was around 30 minutes. But my family LOVES getting stuck in buzz. thats how I learned where the best targets are!

Disney4us2
08-29-2009, 12:13 AM
I have been stuck on two different attractions.

One was at WDW on Big Thurnder Mountain. We ended up walking down the stairs.. kind of fun actually.

The other was at DL on POTC.... we got stuck just as we entered the area where they are singing the yo ho yo ho pirates song. After about 20 minutes they turned off the sound and turned on the lights. Really funny to see the animitronics still going with no sound. After about another 15-20 we were evacuated from the boat and taken back stage and back into the park with fast passes.:mickey:

cather74
08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
:malef: My husband and I were on Tower of Terror and our elevator had just gotten into the spot where you either go up or drop. Suddenly, all the lights came on. It looked really weird. Like were in someone's garage. We were there about 5 minutes when a CM came and said in a creepy voice, "And now we will lower you to the basement." I thought he was kidding cuz of the creepy voice. He wasn't. The ride slowly lowered us down and we exited. They let us ride again right away and told us the reason why the ride had stopped......ready......it was struck by lightening.:eek:

DisneyFr33k
08-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Can't really beat the post above, but my DH wanted to add that it would stink being on Dinasaur in the tunnel with all the flashing lights (as you go back in time). :sick:

disneykid99
08-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Been stuck on the HM in the grave yard where all the "ghosts" popped out and screammed. That was pretty bad!

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Our worst actually happened before we even boarded the ride. Our daughter had finally worked up the courage to do Space Mountain and when we got to the front of the queue the ride went down and the lights came on.
We stood there for almost 30 minutes while they went thru the checks and protocols to do a restart while trying to convince a increasingly panicky 10 yr old that she REALLY wanted to do this ride.
She toughed it out though and now is a 19 yr old coaster junkie!!:D

I think the absolute worst would be to be stuck in IASW. After about 10 minutes I would be imagining myself at the shooting arcade taking shots at singing dolls!! ;)

crltkcagle
08-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Ok I know its not a ride but I would say the shuttle bus on the way back to the hotel at night after park closing!

ThunderChunky21
08-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Last year, I was stuck at the very top of Splash Mtn. for about 10-15 minutes right around lunch time. I was by myself in the front of the log with a group from Scotland in the rest of the log. Though strangers, we made a ton of jokes and laughed and had a good time with the situation. I called my wife and she came to the bridge so she could laugh at me. I waved at people down below and they would wave back, and I saw at least half a dozen people take pictures and two camcorders videoing me being stuck. My wife keeps saying I wonder if you'll get stuck this year. Only 12 days until we find out! :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Here's another good one:

On Mission Space Orange, stuck in the "spin cycle".... :sick:

EJS-Houston
09-09-2009, 03:20 PM
The worst for me would be stuck on EE at the top of the outside hill where the tracks are "broken." I looooove EE, but I'm terrified of heights and always close my eyes at that part of the ride. I'd be a wreck if it got stuck there! :jaw::eek::scared:

That was my first inclination...although Rock'n'Roller Coaster at the top of a loop would be pretty bad.

ravsluvdisney
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM

Was thinking the same....:covered:

Lakin
09-09-2009, 04:39 PM
The Worst - I'm not sure, but I'd guess Haunted Mansion by the bride. The bride scares me a lot.

The Best - Finding Nemo, in the part where you're going through the scene of bubbles. I and my mom got stuck there, for a few minutes, and it was 'awesome'. And Crush even tells you that the ride is down instead of the normal announcer. It was really neat.

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh my - you win!! :thumbsup: I thought being on the Tower of Terror right as the doors open would stink- not knowing if/when you'd fall. But being stuck on It's a Small World trumps that one!

We were stuck on Small World last may for 35 mins. They turned the music off after 5mins making it bearable. I would imagine it is common for them to mercifully turn the music off after a few mins.:thumbsup:

prttynpnk
09-10-2009, 09:08 AM
The Worst - I'm not sure, but I'd guess Haunted Mansion by the bride. The bride scares me a lot.

The Best - Finding Nemo, in the part where you're going through the scene of bubbles. I and my mom got stuck there, for a few minutes, and it was 'awesome'. And Crush even tells you that the ride is down instead of the normal announcer. It was really neat.

We got stuck in the pipeline with Crush- it was kind of fun!

Diznee4Me
09-10-2009, 09:58 AM
We were stuck once on BTMRR in one of the mills. All the mining sounds got annoying very quickly. You don't appreciate all of the detail - especially sounds - on a ride lke BTMRR but it sure doesn't take long for them to get annoying! :D We had to be escorted off and exit from underneath the ride - that part was pretty :cool:

TikiLounger
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I'd have to say It's A Small World. It's not my favorite ride (understatement), so to be stuck would be pretty horrible. I've actually enjoyed the times when we were stuck on some other rides, though. HM, Pirates, EE...we just relaxed and enjoyed the extra time to take everything in.