PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at the Parties

tys_mommy
08-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know the amount of tickets they sell for the nightly MNSSHP & MVMCP? What's the longest line you've ever waited in during the parties (ride and time waited). The other thread about the value of the parties really has me thinking. Thanks.

Strmchsr
08-12-2009, 12:08 PM
They don't release the numbers on the tickets. I've heard around 18-20,000, but that's just rumors. I've seen lines as long as 45-60 min during the parties, but usually they are in the 10-20 min range and some are even walk-on during the weeknight parties. The crowded times are really for the parade and fireworks. Because those are party exclusive almost everyone in the park goes to watch those, so Main St, especially, can be quite packed.

SurferStitch
08-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Most of the time we've had 0-10 minute waits for rides at the parties, but have waited up to 20 minutes now and then. Not bad, really. We don't do a lot of rides at the parties because of all of the festivities going on.

We've never had an issue with the crowds at the parties, even on sold out nights. Parades and fireworks are packed, but that's it.

Our longest waits were for pics with Mickey or Minnie, and Snow White with the 7 dwarfs (30 minutes or so), and Jack Sparrow at the P&PP (an hour :blush: - never again).

tys_mommy
08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
can you get fast passes at the parties? I mean I know for evening EMH they reset the machines.

Imagineer1981
08-12-2009, 02:54 PM
We have never had problems at the parties. For the most part 10-15 minutes would be a top wait, and as others have said, the first parade and fireworks are always packed

awaggett
08-12-2009, 03:29 PM
We went to MNSSHP in 2007 on a Friday night in September--it was awesome. The decorations and theming were great. We rode everything we wanted--all the big rides, some in Fantasy Land, etc. We did way more than we planned on. Additionally we saw some of the dance party, got some candy, and did some shopping. The longest line we waiting in was to get our picture taken with Cinderella's coach! Parade and fireworks capped off the night. For us, it was an awesome value and a great time.

baldburke
08-12-2009, 09:27 PM
It is definitely a different feel at the parties. Its not just that the lines are lighter and the people fewer, but also the extra theme-ing and extra "stuff" that make it so worth it. We definitely recommend spending the extra $$$ if you can, you won't regreat it!

JPL
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I would have to say the average waits are around 15-20 minutes for the major attractions. I have seen them much longer at the beginning of the party but the crowds tend to thin out after the fireworks.

Disney Doll
08-13-2009, 09:38 AM
We didn't ride any thrill rides since we were there with our son and we don't bother with baby swap, but we did do all of Fantasyland. We did our one and only Dumbo ride during MNSSHP because that was the only time we ever found the line to be short. We maybe waited 10 minutes for Dumbo and that was our longest wait. We walked on to several rides- Pirates, Buzz, Peter Pan, IASM, etc.

epceddie
08-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't know if fastpasses are available. All I can say is we've never had to wait long enough for anything to even consider them.
We're going to the Nov. 1 MNSSHP this year and can't wait.
We got seats on the second floor of the railroad station for the fireworks last October and watching from there was fantastic!

DisneyHoneymooners
08-13-2009, 04:16 PM
If you can swing it in your trip schedule, try to go to one of the mid-week parties. Last year we went on a Tuesday and it less crowded than when we've gone on Fridays in the past. We're doing it again this year...9/22