PDA

View Full Version : Running at the Poly

cather74
08-11-2009, 11:12 PM
So I never went running on my previous Disney visits, but my last one in June while we were staying at the P:number1:oly, I went every morning before dawn. It was the best feeling ever! It was beautiful and I can't wait to go back and do it again. I ran every morning to the Disney soundtrack playing on my ipod down to the GF and around and back. Now on my runs at home I think of it all the time. I want to do a Disney race. I've done half marathons and I'm considering the disney full. Any thoughts?

SurferStitch
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
You know.....I've taken my running sneakers and workout clothing the last few times.....and somehow none of it EVER got worn.

Oh yeah...I had all good intentions of doing it...but the flesh was weak.

I will pack everything in December, again, with all good intentions. Hopefully this time I will actually follow through. It would be an easy jog from the Poly to the Flo and back. I usually do 4-5 miles when I run, but for some reason, I just can't do it on vacation. I LOVE sleeping in until 7:00 or 8:00 am.

I envy those who can get the lead out in the morning and run....Maybe I'll run to the spa and back (with a nice facial and massage in between). :thedolls:

Imagineer1981
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I run every morning, only 4 miles right now, but working on getting it up to more. I have lost 55 pounds and I am back to my old lean self again. So I am tempted to do the Disney Half marathon, but they are all booked, so I'll have to wait another year..ugh. I also imagine I am running through property when I run my normal route...its great escapism!