PDA

View Full Version : Who are you, and what have you done with our Stacy?

FiggyFan
08-11-2009, 10:09 PM
We just got back from WDW, and I must say that I am very dissappointed with the updated "must sees" video. The new video contains studio clips mixed in with some old and some new in park video clips of Stacy. The irreverent, high energy, free spirited Stacy has been replaced with a sweet, sentimental, rather plain vanilla Stacy - same person, minus the personality. I missed the old Stacy.

DisneyPrincess21
08-11-2009, 10:16 PM
:fit:NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!! I love the regular energetic Stacy :shake::cry::sob:

elmjimmlm
08-11-2009, 10:41 PM
My DB was there in June and I think that I heard him say that she looks like she is in a business suit...Not the normal Stacy wardrobe...

SBETigg
08-11-2009, 10:55 PM
My DB was there in June and I think that I heard him say that she looks like she is in a business suit...Not the normal Stacy wardrobe...

Oh, come on. If it's the one I saw in April, it's just a more mature, realistic Stacy, not the hyper young Stacy, and not exactly in a business suit. I loved that they were still using Stacy instead of replacing her with a more energetic, younger model. Go, Stacy!

Darbylew
08-11-2009, 11:09 PM
We are going back in November so we will check it out. :confused:

Sneaky Pete
08-11-2009, 11:37 PM
gonna say that she was gone altogether. Those videos were addictive.

alaMode
08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I never cared for the Stacy I've been forced to listen to (by my young son) for the last few visits to WDW.

She was just too "on" for me...especially the EE portion (The yeti freaks out!!!!!!! then the train freaks out!!!!!! then you freak out!!!!!!)

:ack:

I'm looking forward to a more subdued performance!

Tess
poly07, 08
pop 09, Christmas 09

JPL
08-12-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm glad they kept Stacy I guess the new version will have to grow on me like the last one :mickey:

ransam
08-12-2009, 02:35 AM
i hate to ask this. but who's stacy?

DisneyOtaku
08-12-2009, 07:28 AM
i hate to ask this. but who's stacy?

Stacy is the host of the top seven things to do at disney show that runs over and over and over again on one of the disney resort tv stations. She's had the job for the past few years.

As for a more "mature" Stacy--NOOOOOOO! I love Stacy and how crazy she is! I will have to check this out when I go next month.

chefmickey3
08-12-2009, 07:35 AM
We just got back on Sunday and can't stand the new "Must Do" loop. It is not that it is Stacy, it is just plain annoying. I miss the old video from the late 90's with teh Tips of the Day. I think they redid it because it use to have the three mountains and now Space Mountain is closed. The Must Do's in MK are Splash Mt, Dumbo, and Small World. We actually turned it off because it was so awful!

StitchFan#1
08-12-2009, 09:08 AM
we donmt care for the new stacy very much but if you need a mid weeek tripple mountain whammy youtube will give me a small energy boost R.I.P. THE ENERGETIC STACY

Ian
08-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Just so long as she's still there ... DD would flip if they replaced Stacy!

She loves her so much that she actually frequently watches a DVD of her "Top 7 Must Sees" from 2007 when we're at home!!

Disney Doll
08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I never cared for the Stacy I've been forced to listen to (by my young son) for the last few visits to WDW.

She was just too "on" for me...especially the EE portion (The yeti freaks out!!!!!!! then the train freaks out!!!!!! then you freak out!!!!!!)

:ack:

I'm looking forward to a more subdued performance!

Tess
poly07, 08
pop 09, Christmas 09

I agree. Stacy was a little much for me. The new, toned down Stacy sounds good.

garymacd
08-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh, come on. If it's the one I saw in April, it's just a more mature, realistic Stacy, not the hyper young Stacy, and not exactly in a business suit. I loved that they were still using Stacy instead of replacing her with a more energetic, younger model. Go, Stacy!

I liked the young hyper Stacy!

#1donaldfan
08-12-2009, 01:19 PM
....she was very tamed down, very dull, with the exception of the few "old" clips of her .... I miss the old way she "got things going" .. she was very bubbly, over the top corny, which is exactly what I liked....oh well, I've got my memories....:cool:

StitchFan#1
08-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Just so long as she's still there ... DD would flip if they replaced Stacy!

She loves her so much that she actually frequently watches a DVD of her "Top 7 Must Sees" from 2007 when we're at home!!

wehred you get the dvd i have to get it

BluewaterBrad
08-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Stacy was never off the tv when we were at the room. This past trip, a couple of hours was all we could take. Yes I miss my old Stacy!!:mickey:

johnO
08-12-2009, 05:39 PM
We all love Stacy!!! We watch the "Must Sees" show several times while we're there.

"Summit, Plummit", "Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy"

DisneyPrincess21
08-12-2009, 06:02 PM
We all love Stacy!!! We watch the "Must Sees" show several times while we're there.

"Summit, Plummit", "Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy"

Lol i love stacy. "yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy, The gelato guy in italy? Yummy!"

A Big Kid
08-12-2009, 06:58 PM
"Look at all the lazy people in the lazy rivah"

alex61821
08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
"look at the size of those choppas" i like the host on the
'non-english-speaking" station much better but nobody lets me watch that one.