PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Question

Jeri Lynn
08-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know if you get rewards dollars for cash advances on the disney visa?

My daughters 6500 tuition bill is due but they only take American express and Mastercard...instead of paying by check I was wondering if I should take a cash advance on my visa and then pay it...I'd get 65 Disney dollars that way!!

It's a little more work than just paying it by check but it would be worth the $65!!

TheDuckRocks
08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't think so. I know you can't get reward dollars on the checks they issue from time to time (was going to pay the IRS one year that way when I found out.....no points) or transfers from other credit cards. As I pay my balance in full each month I tend to think outside the box and often my brain stroms get shot down.:blush:

WeLuvBuzz
08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I would look into any costs associated with a cash advance. I have to believe there is some sort of a service charge involved as Chase would have to make money from the transaction somewhere. Even if they gave you 1% it is a loosing proposition if it costs you 2 or 3 percent to get the cash advance.

Jeri Lynn
08-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I am just going to mail them a check. At least I got to use it for my other daughters tuition bill!!