PDA

View Full Version : Need One More ADR

szyper
08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
My family and I are headed to WDW October 19-26. It is me, my husband, and our three children (boy 6, girl 3, girl 6 months). We have all of our ADRs set except for our first night. Here's what we have so far:

Monday - Need Something
Tuesday - Ohana
Wednesday - Sanaa
Thursday - Hollywood & Vine
Friday - Crystal Palace
Saturday - 1900 Park Fare
Sunday - Boma

Any suggestions? We were interested in Chef Mickey's & Le Cellier, but couldn't get in at a decent time. We are thinking something with a great atmosphere and/or that the kids would love. Ohana was going to be our big first night dinner (never been), but we decided to arrive a day earlier (yeah!). Also needs to be on the DDP. Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-10-2009, 09:11 PM
We love Garden Grill. Good food, great character interactions and the whole rotating restaurant is just neat :thumbsup:

sassy2000
08-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I would also suggest Garden Grill. It has great food and great character interaction. Whispering Canyon Cafe is also good. The food is delicious and it has a fun atmosphere. :mickey:

green ranger
08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
With your children being the ages they are, I would also suggest Garden Grill. I think you would all enjoy it.

Mickey91
08-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I agree with Garden Grill. It is one of our faves!!:mickey:

Other suggestions:
50's Prime Time
Tony's
Whispering Canyon (your DS6 would like this one)

kathiep
08-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Have you considered Biergarten? Mine kids are close in age to yours and they love Biergarten. They always find something to eat here. And they love the live entertainment and music. They always get up and dance. This place is a lot of fun.

disney1122
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
We enjoy Rainforest Cafe...either at Downtown Disney or Animal Kingdom. Kids love it there. Remember though, the location at DD does not take reservations.

Another favorite is Chef Mickey's.....dinner or breakfast.

Good luck and have fun!

Belle_0717
08-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Try Garden Grill. DH & I are taking DNephew in November. We tried last October but they stopped character interaction for lunch time.

We are hoping for Chef Mickey's breakfast 11/16. LOVE CM!

renecat
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Biergarten is a nice place to go with kids.
They will find something to eat plus entertainment. Rainforest cafe is also a great place for kids but I don't think they take dinning plan.:mickey:

momof3+twins
08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Most would say no way! But I have to say Sci Fi! We are paying for one meal that is sit down since we are getting free counter service dining. This is the one meal. My husband talks about it year round!

elmjimmlm
08-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I agree with Sci Fi...I think that its a really fun place...

Kairi_7378
08-11-2009, 10:46 PM
If you're going to a park that night, Garden Grill is a good recommendation. Coral Reef would also be neat for the family.

If you're trying to avoid the parks on arrival day, I'd consider heading to the Kona Cafe at the Poly.

SBETigg
08-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I haven't been to Garden Grill. I think Coral Reef is awful with young kids, because our dinner with ours when they were young kids took over three hours and we had some very exhausted, unhappy kids at the end of the meal (but it was years ago now) plus it's kind of unexpectedly loud and not so peaceful in there.

Biergarten is a great choice for the 6 and 3 year old. We dined there recently and the little kids seemed to really love dancing around when the band was playing. I also think that if you have a good mix of kids/character friendly meals, you might choose something more adult that isn't bad with kids-- like Grand Floridian Cafe, Chefs de France, Marrakesh, San Angel Inn.

DisneyPrincess21
08-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Most would say no way! But I have to say Sci Fi! We are paying for one meal that is sit down since we are getting free counter service dining. This is the one meal. My husband talks about it year round!

I agree with Sci Fi...I think that its a really fun place...

Another vote for Sci-Fi. It's yummy, And the atmosphere is really neat. It is a must every year for my family.

(btw. The Reuben sandwich and Cheeseburger are both really good. I usually get the Reuben and my mom gets the Cheeseburger and we split it half and half. It's delicious! :eat:)

Rhetoric2000
08-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I would have to go with Biergarten on this one.