PDA

View Full Version : Needing Guidance!!!

jenny1976
08-10-2009, 08:11 PM
So... Fellow DDVCrs, we are looking to you for advice and guidance!!! We are new to DVC!!! Yeay! We just bought into BLT on our last visit to WDW in 2008 and are making our first DVC stay planned at "home " in December. We have reserved a studio, Bay Lake View for 9 nights December 7-16th. So well, I have a couple of questions.
1) Where do you check in @ BLT?
2) Does DME drop you off at Bay Lake?
3) Is it better to book dinning through member services or through the online mechanism or through the phone?
4) Does the DME pick you up @ BLT?
5) Do you do your check in @ BLT or somewhere else?
6) What about transportation to other Resorts and Theme Parks? Is it @ blt?
That's all for now...Thanks!!!:blush:

DVC2004
08-10-2009, 09:28 PM
I can answer some of your questions!

-Check in at Contemporary Lobby
-No transportation at BLT- take bus or monorail at the Contemporary, or boat launch out back
-Dining ressies- I think it's best to call. You can be connect toll free through the 200 member services number (transfers you to WDW Dining)
-Transportation- will take you to the parks, ticket and transportation center, or waterparks/DTD. To get to other resorts you can take the monorail to the Poly or Grand. Otherwise you'll take a bus to a "hub'- DTD or Ticket and Transportation center to take a bus to another resort hotel not on the monorail, like Animal Kingdom or Boardwalk. You can take the boat launch at Contemp over to Wilderness lodge.
-Sorry, don't know about DME!

DisneyDudet
08-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I do believe that since you will be checking in at the Contemporary, you will be dropped off and picked up by DME at the main Contemporary Building.

There is a sky bridge that connects level 4 CR to level 5 BLT.

Welcome Home!

Here we go again...
08-11-2009, 01:12 AM
For dining call the number you have for DVC. That is the fastest way to get through since only members can use that number. Make sure to have your member number handy.

I was able to make dining reservations on line a couple of days ago. It was very easy.

Transportation - Monorail!! from the contemporary to other monorail resorts, TTC and Epcot. Boat to WL and FW. Bus to MGM and AK

jenny1976
08-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Thank You soooo much guys! Now I have another question though...I know the line for dinning is open @ 6 am, how early can I make reservations through Member Services and does this make difference in what you are able to get as far as ressies?