PDA

View Full Version : Strange AP question

Tinkermom
08-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Since an AP "start date" is when you activate it is there a set time limit in which you have to activate? So if I were to buy an AP now but not activate it for a year is that allowed?

We currently have AP's but are not sure it is worth it to renew as we do not have much travel to WDW planned next year. But... now with the 15 month AP with renewal we were wondering if we can buy now but not use it for a year or so and still get the 15 months? Since it sounds too good to be true I am sure we cannot but thought I would ask.:mickey:

Gusgus
08-10-2009, 08:16 PM
renewals are different from an initial AP voucher. Renewals activate the date your old AP expires. For example my pass expired in May of 2009. I renewed in May 2009 since you must renew within 30 days of your expiration date. I will pick up my pass at guest relations in August 2009 and the expiration will be May 2010.

Gusgus

Tinkermom
08-10-2009, 09:04 PM
renewals are different from an initial AP voucher. Renewals activate the date your old AP expires. For example my pass expired in May of 2009. I renewed in May 2009 since you must renew within 30 days of your expiration date. I will pick up my pass at guest relations in August 2009 and the expiration will be May 2010.

Gusgus

Ah... that was the piece I was missing. Thanks Gusgus!

Imagineer1981
08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
But If I buy an AP for the first time in May 09 but don't use it until August 09, does the expiration date become August 2010 since it hasn't been activated?

Checkers
08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
But If I buy an AP for the first time in May 09 but don't use it until August 09, does the expiration date become August 2010 since it hasn't been activated?

:mickey:Yes. Your expiration date will be a year from the date you activated it so it would be August 2010. We just purchased vouchers and will activate them next month and they will expire next Sept. (2010). We are hoping to renew with the new 15 mo. policy at that time.

KAT1811
08-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Good to know!!

I'm glad they are offering the 15 month renewal.

Looking forward to going back "home"!!!

clausjo
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for answering my unasked question!

For budgeting purposes, I was thinking of buying the AP vouchers over a period of time, but not using them until we go, most likely in January. I wasn't sure if they would all expire a year from when we first used them or if it was from when I purchased them.

Thanks for the great advice!:mickey:

KAT1811
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for answering my unasked question!

For budgeting purposes, I was thinking of buying the AP vouchers over a period of time, but not using them until we go, most likely in January. I wasn't sure if they would all expire a year from when we first used them or if it was from when I purchased them.

Thanks for the great advice!:mickey:

:welcome: to Intercot!!! I think you're going to like it here!!!