PDA

View Full Version : O'Hanas...Who has been recently?

A Mouse Fan
08-10-2009, 10:41 AM
My DH really liked O'hanas when we went a few years ago. Well we went back in November 2008and their menu had changed. Instead of wonton we were given egg rolls and intead of potatoes we had noodles. I checked on under intercot menus and noticed the wontons and potatoes were still on the menu. Have they gone back to the wontons and potatoes? Please help...my DH would LOVE to back if they are serving wontons again :)

DizneyRox
08-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I would suspect that due to the DDP, cheaper menu items have made it on the menu, and the menu here has not been updated to reflect that.

Just a guess...

Christine
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm eating dinner there this weekend so I will let you know.

LoriSan
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
last month it was wontons and noodles. I miss the potatoes!

SurferStitch
08-10-2009, 11:42 AM
We preferred the wontons and potatoes, but the egg rolls and noodles were also good (just not AS good).

I really, really loved those potatoes. And the dipping sauces for the wontons......:cloud9:.

We are going back to 'Ohana in December, no matter what they have!

MistressGracey
08-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I love Ohana, but I think it's impossible to say what will be served there on any given night aside from the meat skewers, salad, and dessert.

On All Ears, it has all side dishes listed (mixed vergetables, Maui(?) potatoes, Asian noodles, Honey Chicken Wings, shrimp, wontons) but says not to count on getting them. As a veggie eater within a family of carnivores, I like to know what will be available for me to eat besides a salad and dessert. I wish Ohana would be more consistent with the side items.

When we last went, about 2 years ago, we had salad, shrimp, mixed veggies, the chicken wings, potatoes, skewers, and dessert. No noodles and no wontons or eggrolls.

DisneyFr33k
08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
We are going in October and are just glad to get ressies this trip! We didn't get in last year. We don't remember specifics from our one time eating there except the food was wonderful and the atmosphere was great!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
We were there 3 weeks ago, and it was wontons and noodles. I loooove the wontons. :mickey:

laprana
08-10-2009, 12:41 PM
We ate at 'Ohana this past June and we did not have potatoes, egg rolls, or wontons. We had the noodles and pork dumplings. The noodles were kind of bland and the dumplings were ok. I definitely miss the potatoes, but 'Ohana is still one of my favorites, even without them! :thumbsup:

We also did not have the peel and eat shrimp as a side dish, which we did have when we ate there in June 2008. Not sure if they got rid of that or if we just didn't get any that night?

ransam
08-10-2009, 02:01 PM
wait? you mean they serve something besides the shrimp, and meat skewers? who knew?

but if i remember last december they had the noodles....
i love this resturant.

TinksDH
08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
We were there 3-1/2 weeks ago - they had noodles and pork dumplings. The shrimp was replaced with I believe turkey. You now get BBQ'd chicken wings, beef, pork and turkey. The beef was good, but the turkey and pork was VERY dry, obviously over-cooked. It was not like this several years ago when we went.

We would still go back, and attribute the dry food to a bad night. Our waiter was in a huge section, and service was VERY slow. We also made the mistake of telling the greeter that we had been there before, so we did not get the "tour" of the bread area and cooking area. We were with friends who never had been there before, so that little touch would have been nice.

elmjimmlm
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
. I miss the potatoes!

So do I...I did find a recipe for them and made it and they were just the same...I like the old menu that they had there a few years back...

Disney Doll
08-10-2009, 03:45 PM
We had noodles and won-tons in January. Who knows what we'll get next month. Honestly though I've enjoyed it all so I don't care.

Rosemickey68
08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
We ate at Ohana's July 2nd and they served hawaiian bread, mixed salad, broccoli, noodles, dumplings, shrimp, turkey, beef, chicken wings, pork, and bread pudding.:mickey:

Christine
08-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Yep, ate there last night and it was bread, salad, dumplings, chicken wings, noodles, pork, turkey, steak, shrimp, and bread pudding! Yummy!!

I miss the potatoes too and DH misses the saussage but it's still mighty fine eats! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
08-16-2009, 09:08 AM
We ate in Ohana's 2 weeks ago. It was salad, with a lime vinegrette, sticky wings, wontons, broccoli, skewers of shrimp, pork, beef (which was really rare) and turkey. And the noodles too, which aren't much more than ramen noodles. Give me those potatos back!!! Oh and the banana bread pudding which is heaven.:cloud9:

ThanxForNoticin
08-16-2009, 10:54 PM
It is a shame, because even with all the complaints about taking away the potatoes, it seems unlikely they'll be coming back anytime soon. It's still an excellent place to eat, but BRING BACK THE POTATOES!!

DisneyPrincess21
08-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I read somewhere that the potatoes are not on the menu anymore because they weren't able to create a recipe that tasted as good as the original recipe but without the trans-fat. So they decided rather than serve potatoes that didn't taste the same, they would replace them with the noodles.

Christine
08-16-2009, 11:15 PM
I read somewhere that the potatoes are not on the menu anymore because they weren't able to create a recipe that tasted as good as the original recipe but without the trans-fat. So they decided rather than serve potatoes that didn't taste the same, they would replace them with the noodles.

That sounds so funny, doesn't it? Worrying about transfat in potatoes, but serving heavy whipping cream, butter, and sugar etc in the bread pudding! :confused: :shrug:

DisneyPrincess21
08-17-2009, 01:16 AM
That sounds so funny, doesn't it? Worrying about transfat in potatoes, but serving heavy whipping cream, butter, and sugar etc in the bread pudding! :confused: :shrug:

:nono::secret: shhhh.
Don't say that, then they will catch on and get rid of the bread pudding too! Shhh :D

spinnerf
08-17-2009, 08:20 AM
I ate at Ohanas last week, and haven eaten there many times in the past I feel sadly the quality is much less than it used to be. The food just wasnt as good and I feel the waiters were just "going through the motions". It could have been that I just was unlucky with a poor waiter.

mouseketeer mom
08-17-2009, 08:30 AM

Thats true. Thats how our server explained it when we were wishing for the potatoes. She said its the no trans fats policy of WDW now, but she did go in the back and bring us out a copy of the Maui potatoes recipe for us!!!