PDA

View Full Version : can a child stay with a cm while others ride

happy day
08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I have a 12 year old who wants to ride all the rides, and a 10 year old that doesn't. Can I ride with the older one, while the younger one waits with a cm where we exit the ride? OR.. is the only way to make this work is to send the 12 year old on the ride alone, and wait with the 10 year old myself. We have no one else with us.

DisneyLuver91
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
You can definitely leave the 10 year old there. There's a cast member at the "chicken exits" (I hate calling them that) so just have them wait there. Hope that helped. Enjoy your trip!

JPL
08-09-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't think the CM will watch your child you can have them wait but I don't think the CM will babysit for you while you are on the ride. This would be a big liability for Disney.

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-09-2009, 11:53 PM
If you have a child that doesn't want to ride but perhaps meets the height requirement, you might want to talk to a cast member about arranging a child swap so that everyone gets a chance to ride.

If it's just you and the kids without any other adults you might be able to have the child wait with you in line then exit before riding (most attractions will allow you to do this).

kakn7294
08-10-2009, 08:32 AM
The CMs will not watch your child for you. Your child is allowed to wait at the exits but the CMs stationed there will not be responsible for your child. You can do as others suggest and have your child wait in line with you then exit via the chicken exit to minimize time he or she will be alone at the exit. If you plan to utilize the FastPass system, all of you will need to get a FP in order to wait in line together, even if 1 decides to exit and not ride.

Imagineer1981
08-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Correct, a CM cannot watch your child for you. Unless a child is lost, a CM will not be responsible

ransam
08-10-2009, 01:54 PM
i had the same situation once. we just told her to stay right there where we got off the ride, and casually mentioned to the cm "keep an eye on her, she can't leave w/ anyone else"....no cm said no... in fact a couple of them let her "work" the ride. it's not that they were responsible, just keeping an eye out for them....

MNNHFLTX
08-10-2009, 02:13 PM
i had the same situation once. we just told her to stay right there where we got off the ride, and casually mentioned to the cm "keep an eye on her, she can't leave w/ anyone else"....no cm said no... in fact a couple of them let her "work" the ride. it's not that they were responsible, just keeping an eye out for them....The CM's were probably being polite, but I'm sure they're not expected to watch any young children waiting for their family to get off a ride. If the child is old enough and reliable enough to wait by themself (9 or 10 is probably the minimum age I would think is reasonable), then that is fine.

SFTrny
08-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Would you want to be obligated to be responsible for any and every 10 year old that a family wanted you to watch and be responsible for?

wolfhog
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
You might want to check the DISNEY MEETS section and see if someone will be there same time as you. Could be that others are in the same situation and you could help each other.
Hope it all works out

Jodi
08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't mean to be the downer here, but, gosh, would you actually enjoy the ride? What if your 10 yr old was not there when you got off the ride? Sorry....

DVC2004
08-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah the cast won't watch kids. They would have to do that all day long.

happy day
08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
I am not leaving the 10 year now. I guess I am just in a rough situation. One wants to ride but not without an adult, and one doesn't and again not without an adult. It is just what it is. I do appreciate the comments. How could I have even dreamt of leaving him alone with any one I don't know. THANK YOU for waking me up.

TheRustyScupper
08-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Can I ride with the older one, while the younger one waits with a cm where we exit the ride?

1) No how.
2) No way.
3) CM's are not allowed to "tend to" children.
4) Except at child care centers, where they are trained.
5) The liability for Disney would be horrendous
. . . "my poor, dear child was lost"
. . . "my poor, dear child was touched"
. . . "my poor, dear child was yelled at"
. . . "my poor, dear child was mistreated"
. . . "etc"

Belster
08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
I don't have a comment about your child waiting for you...but just a positive thought:

Maybe your child will decide to go on more than you think he/she will. They can surprise you sometimes...this happened to me. We kind of talked my daughter into something small and worked our way up to the largest ride and now she goes on everything...lol

Zone Stop
08-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Followup to RustyScupper, and what others said...

You can leave your 10-year-old wherever pleases you.

But Disney will not assume any liability of any kind.

happy day
08-11-2009, 09:45 AM
No one else needs to reply to this... I will not leave the 10 year old with anyone. I guess I wasn't thinking when I asked this. SOmetimes a thought or question answers itself with thought. Thank you for all the replies.

Melanie
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Since the OP is satisfied with the answers and has come to a decision on what to do, I'm going to close the thread. :)