PDA

View Full Version : How do I send a package to resort before I check in?

wdwnutz
08-09-2009, 03:27 PM
We are heading to WDW in December. We'd like to send a package with breakfast foods, snacks, etc. to the resort before we arrive. How do you go about doing this?

Strmchsr
08-09-2009, 04:01 PM
You just address it as:

Guest Name
Arriving: (Arrival Date)
Resort Address

You don't want it to arrive more than a day or two before you check in, though.

I would also recommend that you check into grocery delivery sites such as Garden Grocer. Those are often a good bit cheaper than trying to ship stuff. Just google search Disney World grocery delivery and you'll see some options.

Dsnygirl
08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
:mickey: It's really easy! We've done it our last 2 trips, and haven't had a problem.

Just be sure that you address it to yourselves first, then the resort address ... and in the bottom right hand corner, put your arrival date. (or, like Chris said, in the address line... just noticed his post... )

They will hold it at the front desk for you, and bring it up to your room after you check in.

We've found it to be the easiest way to get bulky stuff we don't want to pack down there, and it hasn't cost very much, either... far less than an extra bag on the airline!! :thumbsup:

JenniferS.
08-09-2009, 04:49 PM
We have done this 2 times. I usually put my name and in ( ) next to my name I write Guest. I have never written my arrival day on there, but that is a good idea. I actually mail it out a little less than 2 weeks before I leave and have never had a problem. I love being able to send stuff that I need in the mail with all these airlines and baggage charges. Have fun. Have you ever been in Dec? We are planning a 2011 trip the first week in Dec and have never been at this time. Any info would be great, ie crowds, weather.....Thanks!

Belster
08-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I do the same as all of the above posters but I mail it 10 days before departure.

KAT1811
08-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm going to do this for the first time this year. With 6 of us traveling and the youngest being 7 1/2 months on our trip I just don't have the room for all the diapers, formula, etc. and I get it much cheaper at home as I buy in bulk. Being there for two weeks we need a lot of "stuff"!!!

wdwnutz
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks so much, this will make life much easier than trying to stuff everything onto our suitcases!

We have actually been to WDW in Dec. 2006. It is a beautiful time to visit the world! Make sure to visit the deluxe resorts to see their displays, especially Grand Floridian's ginger bread house. (check out travel channels Disney Xmas special) Don't miss the Candlelight Procession at Epcot, Mickey's Very Merry Xmas Party at MK or the Osbourne Lights at HS. The weather is pretty nice, little bit chilly in the mornings and at night, bring a light jacket. Crowds aren't bad, we walked onto alot of rides with only a few minute wait. This is my fav time of year to visit with Halloween a close second.