PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed for Candlelight Processional Package!

Bean Bunny
08-09-2009, 10:30 AM
We will be down the 2nd week of December with our DS3 and DD9mos, and we are trying to decide if the package is worth the cost to us.
We really, really want to see this show while we're are experiencing Christmas @ Disney!After looking at the different tiered restaurants and prices and menus, it looks like what we really are paying for is the guaranteed seating because we would never spend that much at a regular TS dinner on our little family.

Anybody with prior experience at this time in December, how bad will the lines be to wait for the show without the package? We obviously want to make things as easy on ourselves as possible with two little kids, but also don't want to spend an extra $100+ if we don't need to. Are we crazy to think we'll get into the show without the package and without waiting forever in the standby line? Is the package an absolute must for us?

Strmchsr
08-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Lines are extremely long for standby. People start getting in line 3+ hours before the show. Even with the package you want to be there 45-60 min before showtime. Definitely not something you want to do with young children. That said, I don't think you would want to do the CP with young children. The baby might sleep through it, but I don't think it will hold a 3yo child's attention. It's scripture reading with traditional Christmas choir music. It's definitely not your typical Disney show (no characters, action, multimedia, etc). It's beautiful, and I love it, but not what usually interests a young child.

If you're on the DDP you can use that to book the package. Another option, and what I usually recommend to families with very young children like yours, is to stand in front of the American pavilion. You can hear fine, see pretty well, and still let your little one run around without disturbing others or being a problem if you had to leave early. Also keeps you from having to stand in line. Another option (the one DW and I choose) is to go on separate nights. One night I went while she watched the kids then we switched the next night.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-09-2009, 06:52 PM
The CP has become one of WDW greatest crown jewels. At one point it might have been sort of a hidden gem, but no longer. There will be stand by lines for all 3 shows.

When we were last down in 2007 we did the the packaga at LeCellier and then we tried to see the show a 2nd time by using standby. We got close to getting in, but didn't make it, which meant at least another hour and a half wait for the final show. That seems to be more and more of the norm.

You might want to consider just standing outside the pavillion area and listening to the show. You won't be able to see the narrator as well, but you can still listen to as much of hte show as your young one will permit.

Don't plan on simply walking up to stand by and getting in to the next show.

elmjimmlm
08-09-2009, 10:39 PM
We did it last year on the DDP...I think that the package is worth it especially with small children...It is definitely a must see...I loved every minute of it...Angela Basset and Courtney Vance were our narrators and they were outstanding...:thumbsup:

PoohnTink
08-10-2009, 07:25 AM
do you have to wait the 90 days to make reservations for this too?

Strmchsr
08-10-2009, 07:47 AM
do you have to wait the 90 days to make reservations for this too?

That's the assumption, but they haven't said for sure yet.

Bean Bunny
08-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I never even gave thought to the fact that you could probably still hear the show in the pavillion area, but that sounds like a pretty good idea! I think that is the way we are leaning right now, that we are not tied down to waiting in the lines and sitting for the show, and if the kids are that disinterested, we can just pick up and move on.

I've gone to a few Flower Power concerts and also heard them from outside the theater, so I assume you can hear the CP just as well from a spot in the pavillion? And does that area tend to overflow with people also? Should we stake out a spot in the pavilion early?

Strmchsr
08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
I've gone to a few Flower Power concerts and also heard them from outside the theater, so I assume you can hear the CP just as well from a spot in the pavillion? And does that area tend to overflow with people also? Should we stake out a spot in the pavilion early?

Oh, yeah. You can hear fine. It is not that crowded in the pavilion area. Most folks who are interested in seeing the CP want inside the theater so standing up in front of the American pavilion is not crowded at all.

epceddie
08-10-2009, 11:26 PM
People really start getting in line three hours before the show? That's ridiculous and Disney shouldn't allow it.
NOTHING is worth going through that. Grow up people! It's just a Christmas show. It's not the next coming.

Mickey91
08-11-2009, 12:43 AM
People really start getting in line three hours before the show? That's ridiculous and Disney shouldn't allow it.
NOTHING is worth going through that. Grow up people! It's just a Christmas show. It's not the next coming.
It isn't a law or anything. If you don't want to wait, you don't have to. No need to put others down. It is an exceptional show and well worth the wait, though I would go with the dinner package.