PDA

View Full Version : Do rides undergoing refurb ever re-open earlier than their scheduled date??

Dsnygirl
08-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Just wondering (and hoping :fingers:) that some do.... or even have a "soft" re-opening before their scheduled date...

(LWTL will be closed our whole trip, but re-opens the day we leave. :( We're trying to figure out if we can scoot to Epcot before our airport pickup, just to see if we can get on!!)

So -- do we have any chance of it opening earlier than scheduled?? :blush:

JPL
08-08-2009, 10:16 PM
There is always a chance they finish early and start soft openings but most of the time they run longer than expected.

Celakip
08-09-2009, 10:47 AM
A couple of years ago, Dinosaur in AK opened a day earlier than planned.

Giggy
08-09-2009, 03:46 PM
It's possible I guess, things can take more or less time than expected and if the ride is ready Disney aren't exactly going to leave it doing nothing.

You could try going on the last day to see if it's back but don't be too set on it being open. Especially if you have children in the group avoid getting their hopes up as that would be a sad note to finish on.

Mousemates
08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
View ride refurbishments as a construction project...then think about the frequency with which say a person is told a date that their home will be completed...yes, on a rare occasion a person might get to move in a few days early...but more often than not it turns out to be neither early or on time, but a bit later than expected.

KAT1811
08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Okay I'm too tired to figure this one out! LWTL?

I'm hoping SM finishes ahead of schedule. :fingers: We are leaving 5 days prior to the "official" reopening!

Giggy
08-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Okay I'm too tired to figure this one out! LWTL?

Living With The Land ..... I think. :blush:

KAT1811
08-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Living With The Land ..... I think. :blush:

Thanks! :blush: