PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp or a water park?

KAJUNKING
08-08-2009, 01:10 PM
we recently decided to spend the extra $ and either attend mnsshp (we've been the last two years) or go to a water park( haven't been to either one ). Personally i would rather go to mnsshp, i think, but what do you guys think is the better value, cost is very close. travelers will be me34 dw30 dd10 ds8 and my niece13

KAT1811
08-08-2009, 01:44 PM
If you have attended MNSSHP the last couple of years I would say to try something new and do one of the water parks. We like BB the best but TL is fun too, with the shark swim-a-long pool and the new Crushin' Gusher. I always try to do something new at WDW so that would be my advice! Have fun no matter what you choose!

JPL
08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Had to go with MNSSHP. The parade and fireworks are definately worth the money alone and the park has a great atmosphere to it. Did I mentionthe Candy :cloud9:

I like the water parks but not a high priority for me I would much rather enjoy myself in the parks

epceddie
08-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I love the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, but I like the MNSSHP parade even more. Nobody does a parade like Disney. Seeing the Headless Horseman riding down Main Street U.S.A. with the castle in the baclground gives me goosebumps.
My wife and I had tickets for MNSSHP on a Tuesday on one of our trips and we liked it so much that we bought tickets to go back again two days later.
To me it's worth the money. The crowds have always been manageable, we like the decorations and we're going Nov. 1 this year on the day that we arrive. It's going to be a great way to get our vacation started.

Donald
08-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I just posted on how much I loved the MNSSHP, but I just voted for the water parks. My reasoning is for the DS8. I have 2 boys and the one thing they love is the pools and the waterparks.

Of course you could always just ask the kids! You may be surprised by their vote!:mickey:

iluvdumbo
08-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and it was really fun. I can't say anything about MNSSHP because I haven't been to it yet. I would go for the water parks if you think it is going to be warm there when you travel there, but if it isn't going to be that warm, go for the party! :dumbo:

mom2morgan
08-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Well, I havent' done either one, so I didn't vote, but I think from what I saw at Christmas with the "Very Merry" party - the parks seems very, very crowded for parties. Crowds give me claustrophobia, so I'd probably go to the water park!

KAJUNKING
08-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and it was really fun. I can't say anything about MNSSHP because I haven't been to it yet. I would go for the water parks if you think it is going to be warm there when you travel there, but if it isn't going to be that warm, go for the party! :dumbo:

sorry we are going next month on the 3rd

mainemajor
08-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I went with MNSSHP because it is sooooo much fun. But since you have done this for two years running the water parks, either one, would be a new experience and one you can't get elsewhere.
Whichever way you choose, enjoy.

Giggy
08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I've gone for the water parks, we haven't done MNSSHP but for me the water parks are an integral part of a visit to WDW, we go to both every visit. The parties sound impressive in terms of theming, parades, ect but to me the water parks are whole new world to explore. Both are brilliantly and uniquely themed with some great rides for all ages.

As for Typhoon Lagoon vs Blizzard Beach. I don't know which I prefer, we have done both on all 3 visits, in 2001 we also did River Country but that has since closed. Both are themed beatifully and have some great rides. I enjoy the water parks as much as i do the theme parks, in fact last visit I think Typhoon Lagoon was one of my favourite days of the holiday.

Money no issue I would say a water park and MNSSHP complement each other well. Water Parks tend to close earlier (I think) as the appeal naturally decreases as it gets later and therefore cooler. This gives you the evening to spend elsewhere so once we're done at the water parks we head off towards one of the other parks. Sometimes we've done Magic Kingdom or Epcot, sometimes we've used it as a chance to see Fantasmic, Animal Kingdom isn't really an option as that also clsoes earlier. However thinking about it heading off for a party would be a great way to get the most out of your day. The party ticket will get you intp from 4:30 onwards with the part officially starting about 7:00 so assuming you leave the water park from 5:00-6:00 you'll have time to get ready and go to MK. Slightly more expensive option but a full (and fun) day out. :mickey:

Mousemates
08-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I'd go to the waterpark that day and find a nice place to watch the MNSSHP fireworks from someplace outside of the park...that way you get the best of both.

betteratmk
08-09-2009, 04:21 PM
if you're adding the Water Park option on you can go every day of your stay as well and to Disney Quest and the sport facillity. I'm not sure what the difference in price is for a one day but the option is $50. a ticket I believe.

KAT1811
08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
if you're adding the Water Park option on you can go every day of your stay as well and to Disney Quest and the sport facillity. I'm not sure what the difference in price is for a one day but the option is $50. a ticket I believe.

Unless you are going to use the water parks and more option at least twice on a visit you won't get your money's worth. A single visit to a water park is cheaper than adding on the option.

Sneaky Pete
08-10-2009, 01:07 AM
it seems like a better value than the 5 hour party.

CaptainSad
08-10-2009, 09:07 AM
If you have the Park Hoppers with the options it's a moot point. Options give you the water parks anyway. MNSSHP is worth the extra IMO.

BMan62
08-10-2009, 09:21 AM
If you have the Park Hoppers with the options it's a moot point. Options give you the water parks anyway. MNSSHP is worth the extra IMO.

Uh, what? :confused: That is about as clear as mud! :D

Park Hoppers give you the four main parks. You would need to add the "Water Park Fun and More" option.

The Park Hopper option is now $52 (plus tax) and the "Water Park Fun and More" option is also $52 (plus tax) now. (These prices are for adults, childrens prices are slightly lower.)

Personally, with the three kids, do the MNSSHP! Great parade, better fireworks, and CANDY!!!

Disney Doll
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I voted water park, but only because you've never been. Personally I'd rather do the party, but the water parks are a lot of fun and I think everyone should try them some time.

Lizzie
08-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I love water parks. They are my favorite part of the trip.

CaptainSad
08-10-2009, 04:11 PM

Park Hoppers give you the four main parks. You would need to add the "Water Park Fun and More" option.

The Park Hopper option is now $52 (plus tax) and the "Water Park Fun and More" option is also $52 (plus tax) now. (These prices are for adults, childrens prices are slightly lower.)

Personally, with the three kids, do the MNSSHP! Great parade, better fireworks, and CANDY!!!

I did say with options. I'm sorry I didn't use the "Water Park Fun and More part" To me it is the same thing. I think other people knew what I was getting at..

Mickey91
08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
I cannot imagine going to WDW when MNSSHP is there and not attending one night! :mpumpkin:

johnO
08-11-2009, 04:08 PM
The water parks at WDW are so underrated. I think you'll have a much better time with "all those lazy people in the lazy river."

The theming at both water parks is incredible..

KAJUNKING
08-12-2009, 12:43 PM

we have park hoppers and if we did a water park it would only be for one day, i think im leaning towards mnsshp

I think you'll have a much better time with "all those lazy people in the lazy river."

funny, stacey from wdw tv

Goes4FastPass
08-12-2009, 12:46 PM
If the weather is warm

GrmGrninGost
08-12-2009, 08:23 PM
For me, there is no doubt! I love MNSSHP! It is the best!

pluto 77
08-13-2009, 01:09 AM
I voted to try the water park. MNSSHP is great, but if you have gone before I would say that you should try something new. Both water parks are wonderful and the kids will probably enjoy them just as much, if not more than the party.

grumpyguy
08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
as much as i love the halloween party...
i would vote to spend my day at typhoon lagoon:thumbsup: