PDA

View Full Version : OOP meals

tinksmom02
08-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi, all! I was hoping to tap into the great minds here at Intercot.

We have a lot of meals planned for our trip next month...more meals than we have TS credits for (6). We're using credits for Narc's, Chef Mickey's (dinner), Kouzzina (If it takes DDP), and 'Ohana (dinner), which makes 5 credits.

Our other meals are Crystal Palace (breakfast), Kona (breakfast and lunch) and Biergarten (dinner). (We're doing T-Rex, too, but that's obviously OOP.) So we have 3 meals to pay OOP for.

My thinking was to pay OOP for CP and both Kona meals, as I think they would be the cheapest (we probably would want apps and not dessert at Kona, if anything)...

Does that sound like the most cost-efficient method? I'm anticipating that most of us will be getting the filet or surf & turf at Narc's, so I think the 2 credits would be used wisely there.

On top of all this, we're staying club level, which I think means we might have to pay excess weight fees for the plane ride home. ;) I know we've got more than we need, but they're all so good I wouldn't know what to cancel!

Thanks for your help!

faline
08-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I generally plan to pay out of pocket for buffets and less expensive meals and save the dining plan credits for the more expensive table service venues.

tinksmom02
08-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I generally plan to pay out of pocket for buffets and less expensive meals and save the dining plan credits for the more expensive table service venues.

I agree with you, but I think the Kona meals would each be cheaper than the price of Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana. And if we were to pay OOP, I would be able to have an appetizer-lunch, if I wanted :thumbsup: