PDA

View Full Version : I got my membership card, it's official!!!!

Marker
08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
That's right, I got my membership card in the mail, my AARP memberhsip card that is, so I guess it's official, I'm old. :thumbsup:

But I have to pay a membership fee to join the club. So I wonder, if I don't pay the membership fee, and am not old?

So now that I'm officially old, LOOK OUT DENNY'S HERE I COME!!!!! Oh wait, it's 4:30 already, is that too late?

Ed
08-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Welcome to my world! :old:

Did they send you the details on the secret handshake?

Using the handshake will get you an extra shot of whipped cream on your apple pie.*

*Good at participating restaurants only during "Early Bird" hours, and when ordering from the "Senior" menu. Diners must refrain from unbuttoning trousers, rinsing dentures in water glasses, belching loudly, and asking passing youngsters to "pull my finger". Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law or by common decency.

RedSoxFan
08-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Well, I am not a member of that exclusive club; but DH got his membership card last week. He just laughs about it; but will gladly use the card if it means getting a discount.

threeh
08-08-2009, 01:12 PM
oh, that's funny!! Thanks for the chuckle Marker!!!:thumbsup:

Ian
08-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Hmmm ... how old do you have to be to join the club? I wonder if I qualify yet ...

mainemajor
08-08-2009, 06:17 PM
I am counting down to when I can join. 2 months 16 days and counting. My friends think I'm nuts, but I might as well look forward to it. Sure beats the alternitive. DW is two months behind me and not enjoying the countdown nearly as much as me.

Ed
08-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Hmmm ... how old do you have to be to join the club? I wonder if I qualify yet ...

Behave yourself, you young whippersnapper, or I'll send ten of my extra years your way and you'll instantly qualify. ;)

:old:

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I've been throwing away mail from them for years.

I refuse to act my age and I don't agree with a lot of their political agenda.:ack:

Don't need the discounts that bad...;)

garymacd
08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
That's right, I got my membership card in the mail, my AARP memberhsip card that is, so I guess it's official, I'm old. :thumbsup:

But I have to pay a membership fee to join the club. So I wonder, if I don't pay the membership fee, and am not old?

So now that I'm officially old, LOOK OUT DENNY'S HERE I COME!!!!! Oh wait, it's 4:30 already, is that too late?

Well, if you forget to pay your dues, you are old.

At 4:30 are you up from your nap yet?

I'm so old, I had to edit this post because I forgot to welcome you to the club, and on getting old!

I got my CARP card just before our trip in May, and yeah, I was feeling old when I showed it at hotels. But that's okay, I got one for my beloved wife, too!

As for Denny's, in Canada, we don't have many of them. The restaurant of choice is Swiss Chalet, but I don't know if they accept the CARP card. Have to check that out!

After my nap!

diz_girl
08-10-2009, 10:19 AM
They sent me information a couple of years ago, when I was in my late thirties. So they really want those dues Marker.

Ian
08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Behave yourself, you young whippersnapper, or I'll send ten of my extra years your way and you'll instantly qualify. ;)

:old:Wait ... I was serious ...

Ed
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Wait ... I was serious ...

The "ten years" part of my reply should have been the tip-off. What's the matter; have a "senior moment"? ;)

Five-Oh.

Half a century.

Five decades.

I'd add a few more, but it's time for my Geritol and Metamucil cocktail. :marg:

And a nap. :sleepin:

Ian
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
:whew:

I still have a decade to go!

mrsgaribaldi
08-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Don't go crazy Pops :old:;)