PDA

View Full Version : extinct attractions props in current attractions???

thesplashmountaineer
08-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I know some AA in splash Mountain are from an extinct attraction ( I don' t remembrer the exact name)

I' m also pretty sure that a sun-shaped screen that can be seen at Journey into Imagination is from Horizons...

Do you know current attractions where you can see extinct attractions props, AA, elements,etc ????

sdewan
08-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry to post this reply on the WDW forum, but I think hands down the best tribute to a former attraction is in the Winnie The Pooh attraction at Disneyland: immediately upon exiting the Heffalumps and Woozles room, if you look behind and above you, you'll notice Buff, Max and Melvin from the Country Bear Jamboree, the former occupants of that building.

indytraveler
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Also in Winnie the Pooh at WDW the is a tribute to Mr. Toad, I forget which room etc. but there is a picture of him in the ride.

iluvdumbo
08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Also in Winnie the Pooh at WDW the is a tribute to Mr. Toad, I forget which room etc. but there is a picture of him in the ride.

It's in Owl's House when Mr. Toad is handing off the deed to the building to Owl.

candleshoe
08-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I know some AA in splash Mountain are from an extinct attraction ( I don' t remembrer the exact name)

That was America Sings in Disneyland- the show in the round that replaced the Carousel of Progress. I loved that show when I went to Disneyland as a child and recently looked it up online- I originally couldn't remember if it was from Disneyland or WDW.
I knew i recognized the frogs from somewhere the 1st time I went on Splash Mountain. Two of the geese from America Sings were stripped down to their skeletons and are now robots in the Star Tours queue.

sagitarius
08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
You can find the Dreamcatcher (The Dreamfinders flying machine), in Mousegear at Epcot. You can't miss it.

DunkieKong
08-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Dont forget there is also a Mr Toad tombstone over by the haunted mansion.

KatrinaJ91
08-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Actually you can see a Mr Toad statue in the graveyard at HM when you are exiting. You have to look way up into the trees. Is that what you meant?

kakn7294
08-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Inside the tree at Pooh's Playful Spot, just above the door, is a tiny Nautilus sub on the wall.

At Disneyland, the animatronics characters in Splash came from an attraction called "America Sings". It was housed in Tomorrowland in the building formerly occupied by the Carrousel of Progress and it's now the Innoventions building.

ransam
08-08-2009, 01:17 PM
i love how Disney throws in these cute little touches...

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-08-2009, 04:25 PM

This is half-true. Splash Mountain at Disneyland contains many former Audio-Animatronics from the America Sings show. The WDW version of Splash Mountain's animatronics were all made specifically for it.

DizneyRox
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
The giant rotating space station in the queue of Mission:Space is a left over from Horizons