PDA

View Full Version : Guess who just got a PIN code???

Dsnygirl
08-06-2009, 05:28 PM
:mickey: I have been whining and moaning for years about never getting a PIN code, so even though I can't use it, at least I finally GOT one!! Just about fell over when I realized it wasn't just another announcement about stuff, and actually had a PIN # attached to it... hopefully, this will mean I'll get some in the future that I can use. Seems like once you get one, they continue now & again... has this been the experience for most people that get them??

Btw, it's for free dining 10/3 - 12/19... but I'm already using an AP discount for our trip in October, which is saving us more than the free dining would.

So -- just wanted to say woohoo :woohoo: - I finally got one!! :D

MNNHFLTX
08-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Good for you, Blythe!:thumbsup:

I've gotten a few PIN codes over the years. The trouble is they are never during a time-frame when I can use them. That's almost as frustrating as never getting one!

sgdisney
08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Just wondering.... is there any difference in the price with the PIN code and the price for free dining available to everyone during the same time period?

But congrats on finally getting one, even if you can't use it. I've never gotten one either, but I have a friend who has received two in the last two months.

faline
08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Congrats, Blythe! We've gotten them from time to time. Most we have not been able to use but we've been lucky enough to be able to use some! Hope they continue coming your way!

Dsnygirl
08-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Just wondering.... is there any difference in the price with the PIN code and the price for free dining available to everyone during the same time period?

Not that I can tell... although it does seem funny that I'd get a PIN code for something available to the general public. But, free dining is free dining... I'm thinking the quote must be the same. Odd, though...

Birdie757
08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Congrats! I know how you feel because I got my first pin code Wed and I was so excited. Mine was for two free adult tickets to MNSSHP with a two nights on property stay. Even though we won't use it since we will literally be there a week after the pin is good for it is so nice to finally get one.

Dsnygirl
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Congrats! I know how you feel because I got my first pin code Wed and I was so excited. Mine was for two free adult tickets to MNSSHP with a two nights on property stay. Even though we won't use it since we will literally be there a week after the pin is good for it is so nice to finally get one.
Wow, that's a new one... that'd be really cool!!

sgdisney
08-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I posted yesterday that I had never received a PIN code either, but guess what? Got one in the mail today for free dining! I really do not understand why they are doing this since the same deal is available to everyone, but at least now I know I am in their system!

tominmpls46
08-08-2009, 09:18 AM
I never have gotten a PIN. What triggers this? I have stayed on property often and am a member of the disney website.
:confused:

mousetrapper
08-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has any theories or inside knowledge about this. Is it only for those who book directly with Disney? We've booked primarily with AAA in the past, once directly with Disney and this trip we booked through Southwest.

Or is it if you've gone several times and stayed on property, no matter how you booked?

Also, how do you get the PIN? Is it email or regular mail? Any way to tell if it's something valuable?

Dsnygirl
08-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has any theories or inside knowledge about this. Is it only for those who book directly with Disney? We've booked primarily with AAA in the past, once directly with Disney and this trip we booked through Southwest.

Or is it if you've gone several times and stayed on property, no matter how you booked?

Also, how do you get the PIN? Is it email or regular mail? Any way to tell if it's something valuable?
We only book through MJ, who books w/ Disney... so can't answer the AAA question. We also always stay on property.

My PIN came as an e-mail from Disney Destinations, which seems to always be the "return address" for e-mail PIN codes. Other people get them in their regular mail as a postcard. I ALWAYS open my mail from DD now, and sometimes it's just an announcement about something... but for once -- it wasn't!! :)

I never have gotten a PIN. What triggers this? I have stayed on property often and am a member of the disney website.
:confused:

I'm not sure what triggers it... I've been a member of every Disney site for years, we've gone 1x/year since 2006 and always order the vacation planning DVD's, I've ordered park maps and I have an AP that is registered on the site, too... and never got a thing 'til last week.

Now, I will tell you, the e-mail I got started out with "We're so glad to hear you're considering a fall trip to Disney this year!"

We already have a reservation for the fall, so I can't think it's the reservation that triggered it.

But, in the last month and a half, I did order park maps (and they ask you when you're thinking about travelling...) and I did go through the whole "booking a vacation" sequence on Disney's site (I was checking their prices for a friend, so backed out at the last minute, right before I had to give a credit card # to hold the ressie) When I didn't follow through on booking the vacation, a screen popped up asking why I had chosen to not book at this time, I picked one of the answers and that was it. So, maybe that was a trigger?? (I think I heard someone else on here say they had done something similar, too, and rec'd a PIN code later on...)

So -- not sure what I did, those are the best tips I can give you from my experience -- good luck! :)