PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Park Treasures

mickeys_princess_mom
08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Have you forgotten about something you brought home from the parks, only to discover it later and be taken right back there? I'm having a down day today, cause I still have laryngitis, and I start school in four days, so this is probably my last peaceful day at home. Hanging out by the pool, trying not to think of all the stuff I need to do tomorrow and weekend to get ready. Dug in a suitcase to find something and found some chocolates (the best!:cloud9:) from France, and my Paris mousepad from the little shop by Impressions de France! That'll be going on my desk! Oh, boy--that helped!

Daisy'sMom
08-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Isn't that the best. Nothing can pick you up as much as a Disney treat. I always get out my WDW scrapbooks when I am down and that does the trick. Now if we could only mentally transport ourselves there. I close my eyes and I am sitting in France on a bench having a glass of wine................:mickey:

vws_and_disney
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
A couple months ago i was looking through some old clothes and found my Not so scary halloween party t-shirt from 2006 with the tag still on it.

IamBelle
08-06-2009, 05:26 PM
I was cleaning out my suitcase two weeks ago from last year's trip :blush: and found the drawing of Minnie I made from the animation place in DHS. I also found a purple dolphin necklace I got from the arcade that I completely forgot about!! It made my whole day!!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I was cleaning out my suitcase two weeks ago from last year's trip :blush: and found the drawing of Minnie I made from the animation place in DHS.

Don't blush! You see my trip was in May/June! Hey, if you don't completely unpack, the trip's "not over", right?...

mickeys_princess_mom
08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Isn't that the best. Nothing can pick you up as much as a Disney treat. I always get out my WDW scrapbooks when I am down and that does the trick. Now if we could only mentally transport ourselves there. I close my eyes and I am sitting in France on a bench having a glass of wine................:mickey:

(clink) "A la vie"!
(Not that I just knew that, but I looked it up...:blush:)

IamBelle
08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
That's exactly how I feel! The rest of my family says that I am crazy for doing that, but I think not unpacking everything is more fun, you discover things like my necklace that you forget you got!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
:high5:

Mickey91
08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I found a napkin I saved from the 15th anniversary. I also found a Dumbo plush that I bought one year that actually has a trading pin on his ear. I bought this before trading pins were really started. The funny part was, I had bought the exact same pin on Ebay just last year!:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
well just recently, i was cleaning out a suitcase for my sister so she could use it on a trip and found a reciept from the World Showcase along with a map given to me by ASM.

A much needed pick up! :thumbsup:

DisneyLuver91
08-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Not that this is from a trip, but my aunt did the college program and got a binder (probably from the mid-80s) and every time I see it, it reminds me of Space Mountain (where she worked). It's like a flashback that I don't remember.... :blush:

Belster
08-08-2009, 12:29 PM
ok so I really am a neat freak...but in one corner of my room I have a very small pile of things that are Dinsye essentials when we go there...mister fans, couple of pics,key to the world card holder from Pop...ect and that pile stays there...lol. We came back in October and are going back in October, I told my husband, "see we already have a head start on packing."

It makes me feel good to see it there and I refuse to put any of it away...it reminds me that I am going back sooner than later...hehe.

Belster
08-08-2009, 12:31 PM
oh yeah one more thing...I was just cleaning out my closet and found my first receipt for room only resis that I made on my own after having my own family...this was neat to see and also sad because the prices have gone up so much.

HauntedMansionManiac
08-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Ok, I'm gonna sound like a nerd, but when I went last year I got my sister a Figment doll, but she hated it. Now it kinda sleeps on my bed with me (Blushes) and I keep my Mad Hatter hat with me. Sometimes I bring my autograph book to school if I'm having a bad day.

Lakin
08-08-2009, 09:47 PM
In 2007, I got a caricature done at the Animal Kingdom and I fell in love with it. At the age of eleven, I'd wanted one for a long time and saved pretty much all of my money for it. And, they're pretty expensive. I got one, I loved it. So, of course since I lose things all the time, I'm looking for it a year later and can't find it. I look for a year and a half, and still can't find it.

Two weeks ago, I was looking through my closet and on the top shelf, under my pile of games, is my caricature!! I was so thrilled!

minicheese
08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Lol, I almost forgot my Pal Mickey once. I loved those things. :laughing: Man, I can't believe they discontinued them. I remember that I used to carry my Pal Mickey around with me to the parks. Good memories, huh? ;)

mickeys_princess_mom
08-08-2009, 10:38 PM
In 2007, I got a caricature done at the Animal Kingdom and I fell in love with it. At the age of eleven, I'd wanted one for a long time and saved pretty much all of my money for it. And, they're pretty expensive. I got one, I loved it. So, of course since I lose things all the time, I'm looking for it a year later and can't find it. I look for a year and a half, and still can't find it.

Two weeks ago, I was looking through my closet and on the top shelf, under my pile of games, is my caricature!! I was so thrilled!

Boy--you just reminded me that I had one deep in a closet from DD's first trip! It's of the three of us, and I just dug it out and will give it to her tomorrow! I don't think she's seen it in years!!!! Neat!

Lakin
08-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Boy--you just reminded me that I had one deep in a closet from DD's first trip! It's of the three of us, and I just dug it out and will give it to her tomorrow! I don't think she's seen it in years!!!! Neat!

I'm sure she'll be so happy to see it. :mickey:

EDIT: Now that I remember, I lost it in 2005. Boy, I need to clean my room. A caricature lost for 3 years....

TheVBs
08-09-2009, 09:42 AM
This happened to me with two things. A Roger Rabbit Spring Break pin that I got sometime in the 80's when my mom, sister and I went ('89?). They were handing them out free. And again with a Fantasmic baseball cap that has 4 pins on it that DH and I got as part of our package when we went on our own in 1999 (Remember when you used to get a bunch of free gifts with your package?).

cather74
08-09-2009, 11:34 PM
An unused fast pass from Big Thunder Mtn. (Care of my sister) I almost wept.:cloud9:

Jeniflower
08-10-2009, 08:18 AM
my room key from two years ago when I was tidying the bottom of my wardrobe last year - that went straight into my scrap book, still makes me smile