PDA

View Full Version : December Crowds

redleg96
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I've been hearing mixed opinions about December crowds. Well be at WDW from 6-16 December....will we miss the crazy crowds or will it already be packed by then. I've only been during July as a point of reference. Thanks.:drill:

Daisy'sMom
08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Last year we stayed at Disney from the 1st thru the 7th. I was surprised at the large crowds (or maybe it seemed that way). It is the perfect time of year. Of course, we froze the entire time we were there, especially the night we went to CP. It was 28!!!!! We had wait times, but they were not that bad. More and more people go at that time for the festivities. I know we do.:mickey:

disneymom15
08-06-2009, 04:25 PM
We've been there several times in Dec. My opinion, the crowds aren't horrible, I've seen worse.

jnfr2424
08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
you picked the perfect time to go the park will not be that busy the only thing is that during the night it will be cold! I had to buy a jacket when I was there during that time

iluvdumbo
08-07-2009, 10:34 AM
We've been there in December twice. The crowds aren't that bad, but they aren't like walk on to a ride crowds. Just manage your time waiting in lines and you will be fine. The lines weren't that bad when we were there in 2003 and 2004, but that was a long time ago and I don't know how popular it's gotten to go that time of year. The decorations are beautiful at all of the parks (The only ones we ever went to I think with the decorations up were MK and Epcot.)

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
08-08-2009, 10:25 AM
We go every Dec., first or second week. This year, we will be there from the 6th - 15th.

The crowds aren't bad, and the Christmas season is "done up Disney". No heat and humidity either.:santa:

mom2morgan
08-08-2009, 03:32 PM
We've gone twice in December, about the same dates as you. I think the crowds are definitely "lighter" than at other times of year, but they aren't perfect. You'll probably find they're fairly light at first but start picking up toward the end of that week. AVOID Magic Kingdom any day it is having a Very Merry Christmas Party!! We also stayed at POR without realizing that is the big "cheerleader" weekend year, so it was more crowded and louder than when we went in 2006. As for weather, it was GORGEOUS in 2006 but really very chilly in 2008, so be prepared for it to go either way. And by cold, I mean long sleeve shirts and not swimming after sun-down; although I DID see some Brazilian tourists with scarves and mittens!

SurferStitch
08-08-2009, 07:10 PM
We've done roughly that time in December of 2006 and 2007, and are going back 12/3-12/12 this year.

Crowds were decent when we went, not super light, but definitely not heavy. We did find that crowds increased significantly aroumd the 15th-16th, but before that it was nice.

We had very warm weather both years, except for one day in 2006 (mid 50's to low 60's daytime, 40's nighttime), and our last day in 2007 (high of about 50). Most days we wore shorts and tees, with jeans or capris at night. Never needed jackets. I wore a hoodie to MVMCP both times, and sweated like crazy. We were very, very lucky. We're hoping for more of the same. I have tons of strappy summery tops I still want to wear down there.