PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with Dining CMs is it me?

KAT1811
08-06-2009, 07:27 AM
We are checking in on November 1st for our magical vacation this year. I called on my 90th day (this Monday) and booked my first 10 days of reservations. Like every year we stay beyond the 10 days allowable for ADR booking (so I'm pretty used to the rigamarole) therefore I have to call back daily from there on out to secure the remaining dining options. Tuesday for day 11, Wednesday for day 12 . . . you get the idea. So this morning I call to book the next ADR in line for our stay and the CM says that because I am checking in on the 1st I can only book dining up until the 11th day of my vacation. When I tried to explain that I had just made reservations yesterday for the 13th (online) she was beyond confused and couldn't figure out how that was possible! Ugh! So, I hang up and dial back in to get another CM that actually understands what I need done. And when I do I find out that there was no way the first CM could have even tried to pull up my reservation because the system is down (hence my inability to book online to begin with). Why are some CMs SO helpful and others SO not helpful? I love when you get the CMs that are as excited for you as you are (or at least they pretend) I hate it when you get a wet noodle CM. It really takes the fun out of the call.

The other day I called to make a change to one of my ADRs. When I made the initial ADR online (at 6am on the dot) it came up with a 6:20 as the only thing avaliable at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. As much as we love this restaurant we have yet to see it full on any of our trips never mind on the first day possible to book at 6am! So I called in later on to see if they could change our reservation to a bit earlier for us. The CM had me on the phone for 20+ minutes and still couldn't figure out how to alter the reservation. He said that the system wasn't allowing him to change the reservation time. Even after I explained that I encountered the same problem on a previous call and that the CM I spoke with then went ahead and booked a new ADR and then we went back in and cancelled the old ADR (for another night we are visiting the Yachtsman) he still couldn't figure it out! Double Ugh!!! Just very frustrating to say the least and I thought I could vent a bit to my Intercot friends.

:sorry: and :thanks:

Ms. Mode
08-06-2009, 09:45 AM
WOW! What's the lenghth of your stay? I want to go......:mickey:

I understand what you're saying about the CMs, if you get someone who doesn't know the answers or just doesn't care it takes down your excitement level. You'd think DWD would make undercover calls and test the CMs knowledge and attitude, if they don't make the grade they're out of here. I understand that they do that in the parks (or used to) to test the CMs to make sure they could handle all situations.

Hope you have a good trip!

KAT1811
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
WOW! What's the lenghth of your stay? I want to go......:mickey:

Two weeks and a day!!! You're more than welcome!!! :mickey:

DH and I own our own company and DH works about 100+ hours a week so by the time November comes around we are in really bad need of a family vacation with lots of alone time!!! No work all play!!!

jerrywilborn
08-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Stories like this make me glad I used a travel partner. We got every single ADR, the time we wanted, the days we wanted; even the tough ones like Yachtsman, LeCellier, California Grill for Wishes, etc.

Sorry about all your troubles. :unsure:

Jen C.
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
So sorry you are going through such a hassle! I hear you on the UGH's!!!

This is one of the main reasons that we stay club level. The staff was able to set up all of our ADR's for our trip on the first day 90 days out. Not only that, but we were able to secure really tough spots like Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, etc.

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you from here! :D

KAT1811
08-07-2009, 07:30 AM
I just don't get it. Everyday that I have tried to call and secure an ADR they tell me that I can't. Every afternoon I return home (where my computer and reservation number is) and make my ADR with no problem online! I just don't get it! Oh well! As long as I have my ADRs I'm happy just a bit flustered at the CMs inability to help.

Like yesterday morning the online and phone system was offline so I couldn't make my ADR before I left the house. When I called later on when the system was up the CM told me that even though I was checking in on the 1st I couldn't make reservations that far out (she gave me a date a few days prior to when I was looking). When I told her that I had booked my ADRs for the day before online she was baffled. She didn't get it. I politely thanked her and just went online when I got home and made my ADR, easily, that way.

Just a bit
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
I had a similar experience when I first called to make my dining reservations. I couldn't do it online because I did not have my resort reservation number. (It was Saturday morning, and I had left all my info at work over the weekend.) :(

The first CM started out very negative, saying she probably wouldn't be able to find it. She made a 3 second attempt, and then confirmed that there was nothing she could do without my resort reservation number. I was just going to have to wait until Monday and call back when I had all the proper info. :mad:

I hung up and called right back, got a fabulous CM who took care of everything.

I think every company has a few of those kind of people . . . even Disney.