PDA

View Full Version : A Question About The Haunted Mansion Ride

DisneyPrincess21
08-06-2009, 03:45 AM
I have always wondered how a part of the ride works, you know the part towards the end of the ride when it spins your around and you "fall" backwards down the slope,
how does it keep the doom buggy from literally falling or flipping over? I have always wondered what type of safety mechanism they have in place to keep that from happening.
I dont know about anyone else but everytime i ride HM and it gets to that part i swear we are going to tip/flip over, lol, i always instinctively sit up or lean forward whenever that part happens. Lol. Anyone else catch yourself doing that?

Wells
08-06-2009, 06:11 AM
See "Omnimover" article on Wikipedia for why you don't have to worry about rolling out the exit........;)

momof3+twins
08-06-2009, 08:26 AM
I am not mechanical but if you have question about what it looks like with lights on, I'm your girl!

It'sWDW4me
08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
What an excellent question! I never even thought about it before.

Wells - thanks for the go-to info. Very informative.

See, this is one of the things that I love about INTERCOT - you learn about (sing it with me) things you never knew you never knew! (love Pocahontas) :thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
08-06-2009, 01:48 PM
See "Omnimover" article on Wikipedia for why you don't have to worry about rolling out the exit........;)

Cool. Very imformative! :thumbsup:
now maybe i can allow myself to "fall" backwards. Lol