PDA

View Full Version : How are the parks?

TinkInTraining
08-05-2009, 10:32 PM
So...next week I'll return to the land of :mickey:. This is our first trip in August in YEARS...(can I just say having a kid in HS stinks - kills the vaca during the year thing)

Am I going to want to die after two days?

Is it crazy busy right now?

Suggestions / ideas?

Thanks...

Tink!

Christine
08-06-2009, 01:30 AM
We just moved here and thought we'd have no luck at the parks til fall. Bur I tell you the crowds have been very moderate & manageable, much to our surprise!!
The weather also has been more pleasant than we'd imagined. The daily rain keeps things cool!

I dint think you'll have anything to worry about. Have a great trip!

KAJUNKING
08-06-2009, 02:35 AM
i dont think youll have a problem at all, we live in the south (louisiana) and our kids start school in less than 2 weeks so id bet its going to be pretty quiet in the parks, most of the schools in the south start about the same time, but even if they dont start till the week after i cant imagine that their focus will be on going to a vacation spot

08-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Tuesday of this week had more people in the Magic Kingdom at the 3pm parade than in the last several weeks, in excess of 37,000. Usually more crowded for the 9pm parade.

elmjimmlm
08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
We will be there Aug. the 16th and I hope that they parks will not be as busy as Dec. was...I loved the weather then but the crowds were too much to take by the end of the week...

bruin1344
08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
went similar time frame last year, crowds were manageable, planned the days around avoiding crowds and never waited more than 15 minutes on an attraction, didnt get to ride toy story mania in DHS because no fast passes or waits were ridiculously too long

waterparks are very busy especially blizzard beach

it is very humid and there is a brief thunderstorm almost every day

the only time the heat really bugged me was during the indiana jones and lights motor action shows.

Jeff T
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM
We just returned from our Disney trip (July 18 to July 25). To our surprise the parks were not the typical July crowds. A few attractions had long standby lines (approximately 1 hour), but very manageable. Fast Passes were typically available throughout the day expect for Test Track, Soarin, Toy Story and RocknRoller Coaster. Many of the table service dining sptops also had a few open tables during prime dining hours, which is unusual.

Have a good trip.

Melanie
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
We're at the parks this week, and even went a day last week as well, and I've been pleasantly surprised at the crowds. Things are very managable. I will say it is very hot though! We've had to take midday breaks. The afternoon rains are nice, but the humidity is killer afterwards. Yep, welcome to Florida in the summer. :)

Daisy'sMom
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
It should not be that bad. Schools are getting ready to start (although here in FL we are starting later than usual, I think Lake, Orange and Osceola Counties are too). But it will be hot. Storms come in everyday, I hear rumbles now but two hours from now it will be hot again.
Just have fun, you will be at the best place in the world.:mickey: