PDA

View Full Version : late hours at peak season

seavote
08-05-2009, 04:51 PM
i've been to disney 16 times in the past 19 years. always in the off or near off season. i know my ins and outs and most (probably all) the tricks to short waits. when disney was starting the late nights (when you had to pay $12 i think) my son and i participated and we owned the park!! it was great. the next year late admission was free. the whole family went the first night of our stay to late night at epcot. place was mobbed and of course no fast passes left. this night epcot closed at 9 or 10. the shortened non summer hours.
our next stay (last year) we arrived on the last day of the busy season and MK was open till 12. with late hours till 3AM. it was great!!!
now the family will be going in the first week of june 2008. im wondering how the late nights are during this time. i haven't checked but i believe the parks will be using the longer summer hours at this time. and im hoping the later "late hours" are as good as they were the last time we went.

wow i really rambled but i hope someone can give me an idea. we can always do the early hours and then head elsewhere when the park we're in fills up.
i know its early to plan. but we did not go this year. didnt think we were going next year(my wife wants to see other places and i dont blame her) but she saw how much it ment to the kids(yeah ok and me) and agreed we should go next year!!!:mickey::mickey:

MNNHFLTX
08-06-2009, 09:48 AM
You meant to say that your family is going in June of 2010, right? :mickey:

Anyway, if you click on the Infocentral tab (top of the page) here on INTERCOT, you can get a wealth of information. Go down to Park Hours and click on the Historical Park Hours Archive and then you can select the year you want to look at. For example here are the 2009 Historical Park Hours (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/historical/historicalhours2009.asp).

You can also get information on the Extra Magic Park Hour Program (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp) in the Park Hours section too.

So as you can see, the first week in June of this year (2009) the Magic Kingdom was generally open until 9 or 10 p.m., with some later hours (11 p.m. or MN) coming the second week in June. If you are there on any of those later nights and it is also an EMH night, you could conceivably be able to stay at the MK until 2 or 3 a.m.