PDA

View Full Version : Living with the land -CLOSED??

EmmMOM2
08-05-2009, 02:19 PM
My DH read an article that Disney closed down "Living with the land" ride for an unannounced refurbishment which is already underway, meaning when i go in a few weeks we wont be able to ride. BUMMER!! I checked the refurbish schedule before planning the trip so we wouldn't miss any of the kids rides.
It wont open back up until November apparently.

Any info on why disney didn't release this info till actually closing it for awhile?

I've heard they are getting new boats (bigger) as well as widening the waterway.
WHY?? everytime i've been on it there has been no line so why would they need to fit more people per boat.

Strange....:(

EDITED TO SAY: SORRY I MISSED THE OTHER THREAD ON THIS SINCE IT STARTED WITH THE WORD EPCOT..!!!!!

disney100%
08-05-2009, 02:29 PM
This is one of my favorite rides at Walt Disney World. I just read an article about the rehab too. Lucky for us (I guess), we have recently canceled our September trip and will be going in February. Hopefully, it will be back in full swing with all the kinks worked out by then. It is one of the attractions I look forward to every trip!

Figment!
08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
There's some explanation in Tidbits August 2009 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=159024) ...
(http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=159024)

coneygoil
08-06-2009, 08:56 AM
What?! I hadn't been on that ride in many years, but was planning on going this time. Now it'll be closed during October? *facepalm*

disneycutie165
08-06-2009, 09:45 AM
OH NO! I'm not going anytime soon (:() but that is a bummer.! I love that ride! Hope they fix it up nice and don't change it too much! P.S.- did they already close Garden Grille?

iluvdumbo
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
That stinks!!!! That ride is a favorite for my mom and I. We like the prairie dog scene because they are so cute!

This will be a huge bummer because we go on it every trip! Anyone know when it's going to open or was that not announced yet.........

Lakin
08-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Sorry for those that won't get to ride it. :(

Good thing I'll be there in late November.

Daisy'sMom
08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
We were planning to include that ride in our first day with the girls(two small nieces), just before we had dinner at Coral Reef. I thought it might be fun to point out that several items that they were eating were grown in the land. Now we have to scratch that idea. Oh well! :mickey:

jenseib
08-07-2009, 08:49 AM
OH NO! I'm not going anytime soon (:() but that is a bummer.! I love that ride! Hope they fix it up nice and don't change it too much! P.S.- did they already close Garden Grille?

No Garden Grill is going strong now. It's now one of the hard places to ge tin. I think they do only dinner now though.

poohbearkris
08-07-2009, 11:52 AM
That's too bad I am going to miss it this time. My mom and I enjoy that ride. I guess another reason to go back next year!

Rekenna
08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
What a bummer! Now we have Living with the Land and Space Mountain closed on our trip-I hope no more of our favorites will be down. My Sister is going with us for the first time and she would have really enjoyed LwtL. :sad:

joanna71985
08-07-2009, 07:24 PM
This will be a huge bummer because we go on it every trip! Anyone know when it's going to open or was that not announced yet.........

I heard Nov 1

brewcrew26
08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm so glad I got the whole ride on video the last time we went!

Kathy Jetson
08-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm so sad:(. Ds loves this ride its always our first at epcot after we get our fast pass for soaring. He will also have to miss space mountain it was going to be his first time getting to ride I hope tta will be open in oct.