PDA

View Full Version : Monorails

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Are they back up and fully functional?

JPL
08-04-2009, 11:21 PM
They were up and running the day after the accident with new safety procedures. The only difference right now is guests are not permitted to ride in the front with the pilot

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 11:25 PM
They were up and running the day after the accident with new safety procedures. The only difference right now is guests are not permitted to ride in the front with the pilot

I figured it was going to be done fairly quick. I love the Monorails and can not wait to get back to ride around on them. I know they are not a "park ride" but I love riding them. I actually have the monorail dialogue on my IPOD.

My wife is hesitant to ride the monorail when we go back, but I told her if she wants she can take the buses and I'll ride the mono.

MichaelMouse
08-04-2009, 11:40 PM
I too also love riding the monorail. Actually, I love staying at the resorts that have monorail access. I spoiled myself.

However, I have riden up front with the pilot many times and now I must say I may be a bit hesitant.

Last months accident is a blessing in disguise. Yes, unfortunately a young life was taken way too soon. But thankfully there was Not a whole family riding up front at the time of this horrific accident. This accident could have been a HUGE diaster had a whole family been wiped out.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Disney employees life that was claimed.

If you are Not safe is Disney World, it just goes to say you are safe no where.........

For a while, I'll take the monorail but I'll sit in the passenger cars.........

As for the latest operations, the employees are not talking so don't ask about it and YES no one is allowed to sit up front at least until the investigations are through.......

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh I wouldn't want to even think about bringing that up. Kind of a decency rule.....

MichaelMouse
08-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Call it what you will, no one wants to think of it but it is or should I say could have been a REALITY.

9 out of 10 times a family is up front, thankfully not this time......

Decency has nothing to do with it, it's Reality.

MNNHFLTX
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
We have a lengthy discussion going on about the Monorail crash and what's been going on with it since in the News Forum. Rather than start up another thread about it here, I'm going to close this one and redirect any further comments to the other thread:

Deadly Disney World Monorail Crash-Breaking News (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157570)