PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival favs

dog-ears
08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I didn't see a thread on this but if there's one, please point me there. :mickey:

For those of you who have been to the Festival this year, what were some of your favorite samples? include any fav beverages too please!

:eat: :wine:

GAN
08-05-2009, 07:03 AM
For those of you who have been to the Festival this year, what were some of your favorite samples? include any fav beverages too please!

:eat: :wine:

Did you mean last year? The festival doesn't kick off until the end of September. Our favs in the past have been(no particular order):

Spanakopita - Greece
Pierogie - Poland
Boxty - Ireland
Kefta - Morocco
Beef with Chimichurri - Argentina
All the beer/drinks

We also love the free wine seminars -pretty informative and lots of fun.

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2009, 11:43 AM
include any fav beverages too please!

1) Are you implying they serve more than beer and wine?
2) Hadn't noticed.

Aggie97
08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I just looked at my notes from last fall, and it seems that I wrote down how we felt about the items we tried for only about half of the Festival booths. :blush:

So for the half I did notate, here were the things we really liked:

Poland - kielbasa & potato pierogies with caramelized onions, Chopin vodka raspberry cocktail
Canada - cheddar cheese soup, Riesling
France - milk chocolate creme brulee
Morocco - chicken brewat roll
New Zealand - Riesling
San Francisco - CA strawberry shortcake

If you are able to spread your visit across a couple days, you will be able to try more items! We got full pretty quickly and were glad to be able to visit on multiple days. :mickey:

artyboy
08-05-2009, 03:36 PM
The cheddar cheeses soup in the Canada booth was great...just like what they serve at Le Cellier, but without the hassle of trying to get reservations.

The lobster roll in the American booth was really nice, too!

I'll be there in October!!! Can't wait!

dog-ears
08-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Did you mean last year? The festival doesn't kick off until the end of September. Our favs in the past have been(no particular order):

Spanakopita - Greece
Pierogie - Poland
Boxty - Ireland
Kefta - Morocco
Beef with Chimichurri - Argentina
All the beer/drinks

We also love the free wine seminars -pretty informative and lots of fun.

Yes, I am just getting ahead of myself, LOL!