PDA

View Full Version : Is Disney NOT Expecting Many People This Fall?

jennsky
08-04-2009, 10:17 PM
The discounts they have right now are soooo good, that I'm just wondering if due to the economy, they don't have many people booked for this fall.

I had booked my November 2009 trip back in February (with a 40% off pin!) for the Caribbean Beach. Well, after looking at the prices again, I switched my reservation last week to a Fort Wilderness cabin. I figured because we'll be travelling with our 3 year old and 9 month old, a cabin would be nice because we could hang out on the deck or the living area while the kids go to bed/nap in the bedroom. Plus the kitchen/dishwasher/etc. is nice when dealing with baby bottles/baby food.

ANYWAYS, I figured I'd only get the current 35% off instead of the 40% off I originally got because the pin code expired months ago. WELL, without me even asking, the woman on the phone said "oh, I see your pin code has expired, so let me ask my manager if we'll still honor it when you switch resorts". She put me on hold for a couple minutes and came back and said that wasn't a problem, so it's costing me less than I figured I'd have to pay! I was doing the Disney Dance around my living room!! Tee hee!

So, back to my point, did they do that because they really want the business, or just because they are really awesome?! :mickey::thumbsup:

disneyboundagain
08-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't know, but here's my logic: the free dining expires 12/17. Most people (I hope) going from 12/18 to 12/25 are going to move their dates up to take advantage of the free dining. We will be there 12/18 to 12/26, simply because those are the same days we go every year. I'm hoping that the parks are like ghost towns the first few days of our trip. Doesn't matter, though, we will still have a blast. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
08-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I've been wondering the same thing! We were hoping for good AP rates when we booked our fall trip back in May, knowing they usually come out in August. Imagine our surprise (and joy!! :clappy:) when they came out in July, and were better than we expected!! And our friends got free dining in December, which they never expected... it just seems the deals they're offering are too good to just be out of the kindness of their hearts. ;)

I'm guessing their reservations are lower than normal, and they want some good numbers to boost their fall forecast as they close their fiscal year and meet with the analysts, board members and stockholders!!

Whatever the reason, though -- works for us!! :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I really wish I could be one of the lucky ones who can go and enjoy the lighter crowds but it just wasn't to be this year.