PDA

View Full Version : text message updates in parks

Disneydolls
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm in disney now n was wondering if anyone knows if disney sends updates for showtimes etc by way of texts. I know they used to have a stuffed mouse that u could buy that sent messages through the day was wondering if they do it by sending texts.

JPL
08-04-2009, 11:47 PM
There is nothing currently active that sends text message updates in the parks. They are working on it with Versizon but not sure if or when it's going live.

Brownie54
08-05-2009, 10:16 AM
What a great idea! I personally would love to be able to receive the information posted in the parks of the show times and ride waits. If I knew the wait times on rides before heading out for the evening, I could use that to decide which park to go for the night. Of course if everyone started texting for the information then the whole plan could backfire.

vws_and_disney
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
:confused:i have tried to research the verizon thing and keep coming up empty. The only information i can find on it is something from 2008 stating it as something they were hoping to release by early this year.

nicster
08-05-2009, 03:38 PM
:confused:i have tried to research the verizon thing and keep coming up empty. The only information i can find on it is something from 2008 stating it as something they were hoping to release by early this year.
Same here. You would think if it was a go, Verizon would be making a big deal over it...

ransam
08-05-2009, 11:58 PM
i think the ipod has an application w/ the current wait time for ride lines....

KAJUNKING
08-06-2009, 02:48 AM
There is nothing currently active that sends text message updates in the parks. They are working on it with Versizon but not sure if or when it's going live.

i have read this and was upset (because i dont have verizon) but wouldnt it be great if they had a # you could text a code to and it would reply with a wait time. so you get to mk and send a text to a number say "mk" a code for space mountain "sm" and then you get a reply with the wait time, or text to hs "hollywood studios" tot "tower of teror" and in seconds you get a reply with the current wait time, that would be awesome
:mickey:

KAJUNKING
08-06-2009, 02:52 AM
if anyone from disney read my last post and wants to recognize me in any way or has any questions about my idea please just e-mail me and i promise to get back in touch, lol

TheRustyScupper
08-06-2009, 08:02 AM
i have read this and was upset (because i dont have verizon) but wouldnt it be great if they had a # you could text a code to and it would reply with a wait time. so you get to mk and send a text to a number say "mk" a code for space mountain "sm" and then you get a reply with the wait time, or text to hs "hollywood studios" tot "tower of teror" and in seconds you get a reply with the current wait time, that would be awesome

1) Must be too hard to look at the board that tells all the wait times.
2) Also, I don't think it would make that much of a difference.
3) Wait times can change too frequently.

KAJUNKING
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
1) Must be too hard to look at the board that tells all the wait times.
2) Also, I don't think it would make that much of a difference.
3) Wait times can change too frequently.

if im getting off of peter pan and want to know the wait time on btmrr there isnt a sign to look at