PDA

View Full Version : BCV and BWV

Mickey052501
08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Why is it so difficult to book Boarwalk and Beach Club Villas. The only think I can figure is the greta location and the pool at BCV.

Jen:mickey:

Horizon93
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Location is the big reason. SAB is also a reason.There is something magical about that Epcot area.

lockedoutlogic
08-04-2009, 09:49 AM
It's all "magic"

no, seriously.....the location is prime because it provides access to two of four parks by foot...or boat...which is strategically the best location on the property.

It also provides access to the combined restaurant offerings of Y&B, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, DHS, and Epcot....

off the top of my head...that is probably something like 30+ sitdown restaurants of all varieties to choose from, far exceeding any other hotel locations.

The pools are advantageous too....as they were built in the "roaring" early 90's when imagineering was allowed more cash and space for pool areas and the subsequent staffing levels required.

since coronado springs opened, that has not really been the case (though the new DVC pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge looks very promising)

That area is also good for special events, namely Food and Wine Festival - by far the most popular annual event at WDW and booked solid by mostly home members for that 6 week period. the holiday season also is attractive there because of Epcot and DHS hosting the largest daily holiday activities. Flower and Garden festival as well - though i don't think anybody is busting down the doors for that one.

Maleficent's Dad
08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Just to reiterate all the above...
Location. Plain and simple. BW & BC are in a great spot.

BCV are within a 5 minute walk to Epcot.

ThanxForNoticin
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but along with being such a great location and having such a great pool, BCV also has less rooms than some of the other DVC resorts. There just wasn't a lot of room to build when they added on to the BC resort. Unless you own at BCV, it can be difficult to get in much of the year.

lockedoutlogic
08-04-2009, 02:08 PM
184 at BCV....the second smallest location

DVC Mike
08-04-2009, 08:33 PM
184 at BCV....the second smallest location

BCV has 208 units, making it the smaller than BLT (at 295 units) but larger than VWL (at 136 units). The two smallest DVC are HHI and VGC.

lockedoutlogic
08-05-2009, 09:21 PM
BCV has 208 units, making it the smaller than BLT (at 295 units) but larger than VWL (at 136 units). The two smallest DVC are HHI and VGC.

you're right...i took a guess at the numbers....

of course....hilton head is not in WDW....and Disneyland is 3000 miles away....so it's kinda of still a relevant statement....but nitpick noted

Mickey'sGirl
08-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Unless you own at BCV, it can be difficult to get in much of the year.
We bought at BWV for just this reason.... We bought where we intended to stay.

Jeffybob
08-06-2009, 06:38 AM
When looking into buying into the DVC, the selling point was the prime location. When visiting WDW, the BWV's, our Home Resort, is the only location considered for our lodging.

As noted earlier, you cannot beat the location to EPCOT and the studios and with the other lodging in close proximity, you have a wide range of dining experiences to choose from.

Additionally, EPCOT hosts both major events at WDW, the Food and Wine and Flower and Garden fests, which add to the benefits of all the resorts around Crescent Lake.

Our reservations are always made 11 mos out from date of arrival to ensure that we get the lodging catagory what we want. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
08-07-2009, 12:17 PM
We bought where we intended to stay.

Rule #1 for anyone who's thinking of buying!! It's the smart way to go!

missalabama
08-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I just booked 5 nights at BCV for spring break in march. It was a few weeks past the 7 month booking window so I was very surprised to get in. YEA!!!